New to this Brit!

Options
Hi all, I've been on MFP for about a week now and am loving it - and with a little success already :-)
I've only posted a couple of times to join a fitness and weight loss challenge and hadn't realised the importance of introducing myself and finding support from others - and I promise I will support in return!
I'm 29 and live in Sheffield, UK. Have been up and down with my weight since my teens and have now told myself that if I don't get to my target before I'm 30 I'm never going to get round to it! Target is 140, currently at 156.
If this rings true with anyone else please add me and for support each other when the going gets tough - past experience tells me I'll hit a plateau at about 147 that I just can't budge past and may need a few willing friends to tell me that the red wine just has to go for a while!
Good luck to one and all!
Claire x

Replies

• stormyros
    stormyros Posts: 6
    Options
    ive got almost the same goal drop down to 150 by my 30th!! which is one year one month and 2 days away
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am pretty much the same as you my goal is 135 but i am just looking for improvements all around kind of hate the scale right now. lol
  • Lindsayrob
    Lindsayrob Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I've got about another stone to go too. Feel free to add me
    Lindsay
  • rosieef
    rosieef Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I also want to be 140 by the time I'm 30 - I've got nearly 11 months to go ;) but I've got a lot more to lose than you! All the same, feel free to add me if you want.
  • felly07
    felly07 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm a Brit with an identical start weight and similar goal (I would prefer 9 1/2 stone but will be ecstatic when I reach ten). We are similar ages too I am 28. It's great that we are friends and can support each other!
  • suadmaye
    suadmaye Posts: 10
    Options
    I want to lose 100 pounds! Wish me luck!!

9168182.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • felly07
    felly07 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 100 pounds! Wish me luck!!

9168182.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Good luck! You CAN do this!
  • clops379
    clops379 Posts: 14
    Options
    Yay, we can do it! :happy:
  • plunder_bunny
    Options
    Great news about the succses! I've just joined two days ago I'll add you as I need as much support as possible haha!