Lost 5 pounds so far and still need motivation

Options
Hi I've lost five pounds using MFP, doing cardio and weight training, not to mention, I've recently started dong Insanity workouts. I've been doing all of this for about a month now and I'm starting to lose motivation. A few huge problems that I think I'm having is too much sugar and not enough water intake. I'm starting to feel extra tired all the time and I think it's more that I'm being hard on myself. Basically, I need friends for motivation and I will return the favor.

Replies

• Lindsayrob
    Lindsayrob Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, and hang on in there!
    The water is difficult to remember, but it is important.
    Check out other people's diaries to see how they are eating (don't look at mine today - it's a lazy day!)
    Lindsay
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me, I could always use more motivation! I've been trying to up my exercise, as I've been rather discouraged with my recent weightloss (or lack thereof), hoping it helps.
  • queenpixie
    queenpixie Posts: 16
    Options
    Hey Tara,

Insanity is definitely a tough work out to get through as Shaun T is relentless. I did it, but didn't stick to it because I felt like I was going to die after each work out. I need to get back into them. Anyway, There are these little water jugs that take about 8 glasses of water in them, I think you can find them at Wal*Mart. A friend of mine, who is a personal trainer and bodybuilder uses one swears by it. It removes the hassle of filling up another water glass as you have it right there with you.

As far as Sugar goes, are you talking the white granulated sugar that we put in the coffee or just in things you eat? I found that sugar hides all over the place in foods. I have a list of sugars to look for on labels when you go to the store that might help you. If I find it, I'll send it to you in a message.

Motivation. What kind of person do you want to be when your weight loss journey is over?
  • queenpixie
    queenpixie Posts: 16
    Options
    Also, 5 lbs is kick *kitten*! Keep it up! :bigsmile:
  • fittertanme
    fittertanme Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Hey Tara,

feel free to add me as a friend and that is a good weight to lose keep it up and dont lose faith if you dont get less as doing the workout is better than none at all. it may sound daft but have you tried mixing up your workouts and thats what I try to some time its hard but when I workout I have music and I set it for 2 or 3 hour bouts but good luck:explode:
    steve