Breakfast & snack ideas

Options
sc_51
sc_51 Posts: 1 Member
Hello,

I'm really struggling at the minute with breakfast and snack ideas, especially ones that are low carb.

I've been having eggs with spinach or making omelets/frittatas for breakfast but want to get away from egg a little bit. I don't really eat steak so can't really do this steak suggestions I've seen on other threads. Any help gratefully received :-)

Thanks

Replies

• swheeler0602
    swheeler0602 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Breakfast burritos: use a low carb or whole wheat tortilla, scrambled egg whites, lean turkey sausage, reduced fat cheese. You can make them the week ahead and freeze them. Just wrap them in a paper towel and then saran wrap. Take the saran wrap off before microwaving. - 6 grams of carbs (dependent on your tortilla)

You could also make your own breakfast sandwich's using english muffin (there are many varieties out there for low carb/low calories/etc.), egg whites (cook in muffin tin), reduced fat cheese, and meet of your choice (turkey sausage patty, canadian bacon, ham, turkey bacon). Again, wrap in a paper towel and then saran wrap. Take the saran wrap off before microwaving. - Total carbs dependent on your muffin

Snacks: my go to snack is grapes and cheese. I take a block of cheese and cut it into 8 then cut each of those into 8 chunks. 8 small chunks is a serving (1 oz). Plus 1 cup of grapes- Total 15.8g carbs

My other favorite snack is an apple with peanut butter yogurt dip. DIP: 8 oz container (small) of plain fat free or reduced fat greek yogurt (I don't like greek yogurt but I like this dip), 2 tablespoons of peanut butter (you can substitute PB2), .5 teaspoon of sweetener of choice, 1 tablespoon of cinnamon- I usually divide it by 8 servings. 1 serving per apple- 4 grams carbs

Of course the carbs are all dependent on the products you use so always check the labels!
  • boolz
    boolz Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Breakfast treat: low fat ricotta (optionally sweetened slightly) + strawberries. If your carb budget allows: put that on top a pancake made from 1 egg + 1/4 C oat bran + 1 scoop vanilla protein powder. This all packs a good protein punch.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    You can eat anything you enjoy. Leftovers from last night's dinner, a salad with tuna or chicken, smoked salmon, etc. You don't have to eat "breakfast foods" like cereals, pastries and eggs just because it's morning.
  • atinywren
    atinywren Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    There's sausage or bacon, if you want a more traditional breakfast option. Yogurt topped with almonds or coconut, smoked salmon and cream cheese on top of cucumber, avocado, or salad are nice too. Raw veggies, nuts, deli meats, tuna, and cheese make good snacks.