Full and still under 1800

Options
tannic2k7
tannic2k7 Posts: 41 Member
Even though fitness pal says 2480 I try to eat around 1800 because when I lose the weight, I will need to eat that much to maintain it. One day I ate alot and it was only 1458 and I don't think it's enough for the body to operate daily. Am I correct?

Replies

• suzyjane1972
    suzyjane1972 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Male/female/height/weight......these all determine calories to eat.....one day of under won't harm but if it's continuing try to add some high calories foods in....peanut butter/butter/oils
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Lots of people lost on 1800. Heck I just ate 1700 when I lost. Nothing wrong with that.

You might be eating more than you think though.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    try some more calorie dense food like peanut butter
  • tannic2k7
    tannic2k7 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone.
  • Pipsqueak1965
    Pipsqueak1965 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I don't know how big you are but I'm a 51 year old female, 5 foot 1, and was losing weight on 1600 Cal's per day. I weigh about 48 kilos.
  • swheeler0602
    swheeler0602 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I started with the allocated calories MFP put in based on my weight (320 lb female), height (5' 9"), and goals (2 lb lose per week-yes a high goal). But I also adjust my weight as I lose weight. I started out with over 2100 and now am down to 1640. I also only enter my weight every 6 months. I also tend to eat my net calories (goal - exercise) + half my exercise (most days). Some times I just eat the net calories without eating back the exercise depending on my hunger. When I started logging I noticed I was eating more that 2100 and when I adjusted to the 2100 I thought I was starving. But then I learned to eat more filling foods (higher in fiber) and have read and experienced that it is hard at first to eat a lower calorie; every time I adjust it's difficult for a week or two but then my body adjusts. Here is one thing I learned to help: if you feel hungry, eat an apple. If you truly are hungry this will help to fill you up. You may also need to better time your meals/snacks. This is what has worked for me. You have to find what works best for you but you can only do that by trial and error. Just don't give up and fall off the wagon!
  • BigTandthesquatters
    BigTandthesquatters Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Yeah I was pretty big when i started. They had me at 2800 calories. I have since worked down to 2200. I am still losing but i have to adjust calories about every 40 lbs lost.