What do you do when you have cravings

Options
I have such a big sweet tooth and crave sweets so much! I'm on a low sugar meal plan right now and am curious as to what other people snack on to stop their cravings...

Replies

• djspacecaptain
    djspacecaptain Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I like pickles and sunflower seeds. Low sugar jello/chocolate pudding is a nice snack. Frozen blueberries are good and dark cherries are sweet. You just got to test some things and find what works best for you.
  • VividVegan
    VividVegan Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I eat lots of pickles but the pickles are what I end up craving in the first place. I don't have a sweet tooth but I have a massive salty tooth. The downside is water weight that they give me lol. If anyone knows of any low sodium pickle brands please let me know.
  • BigTandthesquatters
    BigTandthesquatters Posts: 151 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Smoke pot and listen to good music. But wacky-tobacky is legal where I live.
  • RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    My nutrition counselor tells me to exercise when I have cravings. He says this will kill the cravings.
  • all_in_the_game
    all_in_the_game Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Get yourself busy in something that you like doing and it involves your mental faculties. Like binge watching GOT.
    :tongue:
    I play snooker and it helps me keep my mind off of the cravings for some time. So find anything that might interest you.
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    I drink mint tea (fresh mint from the garden) at night while watching movies - stops me munching other stuff.
  • katharineshalia
    katharineshalia Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I enjoy plain Greek yogurt with frozen mixed berries and semi-sweet chocolates (the kind used for making chocolate chip cookies). About 200 cals and I savor every bite. I stock up at Costco so I can have it every night.
    127g berries
    100g yogurt
    13g chocolate
    Enjoy :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Protein powder helps. In oatmeal or yogurt.
  • swheeler0602
    swheeler0602 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    apple with peanut butter yogurt dip. DIP: 8 oz container (small) of plain fat free or reduced fat greek yogurt (I don't like greek yogurt but I like this dip), 2 tablespoons of peanut butter (you can substitute PB2), .5 teaspoon of sweetener of choice, 1 tablespoon of cinnamon- I usually divide it by 8 servings.

I've seen a few people put pickles up on here but be careful because they are high in sodium.

The other things that I do is just drink water. But I get it, we still get that sweet tooth craving! Just don't over indulge and try to curb with fruits or peanut butter is always a good choice- in moderation.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Oh and pink lady apples. Seriously love those things.
  • Boston_G
    Boston_G Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sugar free popscicles
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I rarely crave something sweet but if I did and I was trying to avoid sugar I'd go for something artificially sweetened. Sugar free gelatin and pudding mixes are pretty tasty.
  • Francl27
    Options
    I rarely crave something sweet but if I did and I was trying to avoid sugar I'd go for something artificially sweetened. Sugar free gelatin and pudding mixes are pretty tasty.

I tried sugar free Jello and it didn't taste sweet at all compared to the real stuff... am I missing something?