Looking for other middle aged strugglers who wants to make a change.

Options
nzockron
nzockron Posts: 10 Member
Hi all,

I am 49 and realize that if I want to make a change, now is the time.

I find it hard to stay motivated on my own and need to see/hear that there ate others around my age that is also struggling to get their weight down and more importantly make a permanent life change so that it stays down.

I've been using MFP for a while now and have never been on the message board because I thought I could do it on my own - HA!!
I love to see others doing well and just seeing someone post their weight loss, or the fact that they did some exercise motivates me to keep at it!

There must be others like me that want to feel better about themselves, be able to do more and needs someone to help them stay focused and motivated to make the change.

Well if you read this and think "that sounds like me", then add me and lets help each other.

Replies

• Src382
    Src382 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just started on Saturday and weighed this morning. I lost a pound!! It isn't much, but have to start somewhere. I am 55 y/o and struggled with weight my whole life. I have lost/gained too many times to count and this time I want to get it off and keep it off. I agree it is easier when you have motivation from like minded people. I live in southern Illinois. Let's do this!!
  • kittens2cute
    kittens2cute Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm 39 and have been on the weight loss roller coaster most of my life. I recently decided (2 weeks ago) that enough is enough. If I'm going to lose it it has to be now and it has to be permanent. Lifestyle change, not diet! So yes, please feel free to add me. I love motivation....because I already know I can't do this on my own.
  • nzockron
    Options
    I'm 39 and have been on the weight loss roller coaster most of my life. I recently decided (2 weeks ago) that enough is enough. If I'm going to lose it it has to be now and it has to be permanent. Lifestyle change, not diet! So yes, please feel free to add me. I love motivation....because I already know I can't do this on my own.

Fantastic! I feel the same, this is a permanent change in my life and not just a quick fix.
  • nzockron
    Options
    Src382 wrote: »
    I just started on Saturday and weighed this morning. I lost a pound!! It isn't much, but have to start somewhere. I am 55 y/o and struggled with weight my whole life. I have lost/gained too many times to count and this time I want to get it off and keep it off. I agree it is easier when you have motivation from like minded people. I live in southern Illinois. Let's do this!!

Wellington, New Zealand here!
    I get motivated just by seeing others are doing the basics.. just seeing them post their exercise, or their calorie goals keeps me going.

The more the merrier!
  • csheltra26
    csheltra26 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I am 43 and the heaviest I have been in 12 years. I am having issues with my knees and ankles and I have to lose this weight so I can run around with my 2 1/2 year old daughter. Also looking for encouragement and support.