Help! Blazin' Onion - Southwest Chicken Salad

Help!

I can't figure out how to log this accurately. And the calories on the restaurant's website are off. They show a 1/2 order as being higher cal than a whole?!

We ate at Blazin' Onion and I had one whole sized "Southwest Chicken Salad", no cheese, no ranch dressing.

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    I would just log their whole order as 1.1 or something. The calorie values on restaurant foods can be off by a lot.
  • mythicool
    mythicool Posts: 3 Member
    How would that even work? They show the whole salad at 540 and the 1/2 salad at 570?

https://d3ciwvs59ifrt8.cloudfront.net/17061801-8d2b-4f41-8b94-6eefca921850/96d799d9-b028-4203-9db3-4474c9763c2a.pdf
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    You can try emailing them and asking for clarification. Ultimately, it's all up in the air whether either of those values are any good.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Could the whole order salad actually be 2 servings (and they show the nutrition info for 1 serving), while the half order is only 1 serving? My local pizza place does something similar with their small/large salads (small salad is 1 serving, large salad is lower in calories per serving, but there's 2 servings per container).
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    edited July 2016
    abatonfan wrote: »
    Could the whole order salad actually be 2 servings (and they show the nutrition info for 1 serving), while the half order is only 1 serving? My local pizza place does something similar with their small/large salads (small salad is 1 serving, large salad is lower in calories per serving, but there's 2 servings per container).

This makes the most sense and is probably correct, but it seems awfully shady of them to consider 1 entree as 2 servings.