Low carb breakfast

Options
Macpui85
Macpui85 Posts: 36 Member
I wanted to cut down on my carbs for breakfast. Any ideas?

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Bacon and eggs. Eggs and avocado or non starchy veggies like spinach or peppers. Grilled fish. a bowl of nuts and coconut. Last night's steak and salad left overs. Bulletproof coffee (I like to add coconut oil and protein powder). Or skip breakfast.
  • flatcoatedR
    flatcoatedR Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Bacon, eggs, peanut butter & Sara Lee Delightful bread, Atkins chocolate protein drink.
  • BarbellzNBrotein
    BarbellzNBrotein Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Steak & Eggs. Can't go wrong pal.
  • ivanfawcettgibson
    ivanfawcettgibson Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I like to make an omelette with a good cheese and a handful of curly kale.
  • Macpui85
    Options
    Thanks y'all. Keep them coming.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
  • Macpui85
    Options

I've been very reluctant to bpc, but how can I say no to this.
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    BPC doesn't fill me up. But I drink it anyhow, WITH my breakfast instead of AS my breakfast. :smile: to eat I usually have an omelette with 2 eggs, spinach florintine, and some cheddar melted over. Sometimes I add a breakfast sausage or bacon instead of the cheese.
  • eyecandyrayce
    eyecandyrayce Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Boiled Eggs. I just peal them and go.
  • Macpui85
    Options

Not a bad option; practical and goes well with almost everything.
  • BinaryFu
    BinaryFu Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Machaca con Huevos!

2 egg (50g), Egg
    2 TBSP, Medium Salsa
    2 oz, Roast Top Round of Beef

Heat the roast beef (shredded) in the pan, add salsa (and crushed red peppers, jalapenos or any other heat you want to bring to the table!) and let cook for a bit.

Scramble the eggs while you wait.

Push the meat/salsa combo to one half of the pan, pour in eggs to the other half.

Push the eggs around (Don't push it into the meat section yet!) until mostly set, then mix the two halves together.

243c - 29g protein - 100% awesome. Oh, it may have one or two carbs...from like, the salsa. That's it!
  • BinaryFu
    BinaryFu Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I literally cook a pot roast every week just to shred it and use it for Machaca con Huevos. And that meal is pretty much a daily breakfast and even an occasional lunch or dinner.
  • Macpui85
    Options
    I found this recipe for a shake:

1 cup of coffee
    1 cup of milk
    1 scoop of protein (chocolate in my case)
    # ice

The original recipe had cocoa and 2 teaspoons of sugar, but I cut them out. It was still very tasty, and quite filling (the serving was very large). Kept me good the entire morning.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Macpui85 wrote: »

As I have said before, eggs are by far the most versatile foodstuff in the world. Fortunately for us, they are fantastic for LCHF.
    I tend to buy at least 36 of them every week and a half, and that's just what I use to myself.
  • Macpui85
    Options

As I have said before, eggs are by far the most versatile foodstuff in the world. Fortunately for us, they are fantastic for LCHF.
    I tend to buy at least 36 of them every week and a half, and that's just what I use to myself.

I going through 24 (give or take) of them per week. Seems about right
  • ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Carbquik or carbalose flour, turn them into waffles or pancakes, drizzle with low-carb syrup and/or fruit, enjoy
  • Macpui85
    Options
    BinaryFu wrote: »
    Machaca con Huevos!

2 egg (50g), Egg
    2 TBSP, Medium Salsa

Heat the roast beef (shredded) in the pan, add salsa (and crushed red peppers, jalapenos or any other heat you want to bring to the table!) and let cook for a bit.

Push the meat/salsa combo to one half of the pan, pour in eggs to the other half.

Push the eggs around (Don't push it into the meat section yet!) until mostly set, then mix the two halves together.

243c - 29g protein - 100% awesome. Oh, it may have one or two carbs...from like, the salsa. That's it!

How many servings does it yield? Sounds mighty tasty.
  • BigTandthesquatters
    BigTandthesquatters Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    BinaryFu wrote: »
    Machaca con Huevos!

2 egg (50g), Egg
    2 TBSP, Medium Salsa

How many servings does it yield? Sounds mighty tasty.

I am guessing one as that only has about 250 calories total.