flip belt, fanny pack, something else?

Options
I need a way to carry my phone when I run that doesn't push buttons when I run. I don't like arm bands-they drive me crazy. If it matters, I use regular ear buds, not bluetooth. I have an adjustable belt that was ok (had a clear window that made accessing touch screen easy), but I upgraded my phone and the S7 doesn't fit in the pocket anymore.
got one you love??

Replies

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I have the Buddy Pouch, you can't access your phone without taking it out but I like that it's not a belt. It just flips over your waist band and secures with magnets. I put phone, keys and inhaler in it pretty comfortably.
  • HorrorGeekLiz
    HorrorGeekLiz Posts: 195 Member
    Options
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I have used a regular fanny pack, a flip belt and a nike run belt.

If you dont want access to whats in the pack while running, I prefer the flip belt. It stays put, feels nice and doesnt jiggle when running.

If I want to pull stuff in and out of the pack mid run, i prefer a regular ole fanny pack.
  • treegirl97
    treegirl97 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have a Spibelt and I love it. It's comfortable, doesn't ride up and can fit my phone and keys. The saleslady said it can easily fit an iPhone 6S+ even though mine is smaller than that, since it's made from a stretchy material. Not easy to take things out mid run though.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Clothing with pockets. I don't like running with anything around my waist. Most of my bras have pockets so I just put it in there. In the winter, many of my tights and shirts have pockets so I put it in those.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I used to use the flip belt but it is a bit to wide for me. I now use a simple SPIBELT. It is thin, adjustable and does not move around when I run. Use reg headphone and an old fashioned MP3 player. I just need to carry the phone on me in case of emergencies.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I've got this thing at the end of my right arm... it's got 5, I'm not even sure what to call them... fingers, I guess, that I can wrap around the phone to keep it secure. It's worked really well for the last several years. I've got a spare one on the end of my left arm, but so far I haven't needed it.
  • AigreDoux
    AigreDoux Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I hated running with my phone in my hand, and my cheap walmart running shorts have pockets the size of a quarter.

Bought a flipbelt and love it. I don't usually need to get to it while running though. I've read complaints of it riding up. I put it below the waistband of my shorts, underneath my shirt, in my lower tummy/hip area, and it doesn't ride up. I've used it with both wired and wireless headphones.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Clothing with pockets. I don't like running with anything around my waist. Most of my bras have pockets so I just put it in there. In the winter, many of my tights and shirts have pockets so I put it in those.

^ that. Most all of my workout shorts have pockets
  • RollTideTri
    RollTideTri Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I've used the SPI Belt for several years and it's great. doesn't bounce around and is very well made and durable. You might need the large size depending on your phone
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I have a flip belt - the pockets are VERY small - my phone wouldn't fit unless I took the case off. They said the zipper one would fit a big phone so I bought that one too - the pockets are slightly larger than the original but VERY small. I really have to cram my phone in there and it takes some effort, but I can leave the case on. It does ride up a bit - I saw a thin/fit girl with one on at a race recently and I could see where it would stay in place nicely on her - but someone like me with some extra middle it is an issue. It is still the best thing I've found to use so far though while running so I'll keep using it.

At my last race I saw some ladies wearing running skirts - I think they were sparkle skirts? Anyway she lifted it up to show the shorts and the pockets and was saying how fantastic they were - the shorts stay in place and the pockets fit a cell phone nicely and it is very secure. I really want one now! They're like $70 each though. I think both the gals wearing them placed in the race in their age categories though so that may be a bonus! :)
  • caitlinrn83
    caitlinrn83 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    jacksonpt wrote: »
    I've got this thing at the end of my right arm... it's got 5, I'm not even sure what to call them... fingers, I guess, that I can wrap around the phone to keep it secure. It's worked really well for the last several years. I've got a spare one on the end of my left arm, but so far I haven't needed it.

Hahaha--truth. But I'm prone to dropping things, and I carry pepper spray in the spare one!
  • stingrayinfl
    stingrayinfl Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    gear proz
  • sallygroundhog
    sallygroundhog Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I buy men's shorts with pockets. They are cheaper than women's shorts without pockets.
  • jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    http://www.nathansports.com/gear/training-paks-belts/mirage-pak
    Thats what I use for my galaxy s4. It fit sin there pretty tight, you can leave it unzipped enough to allow your headphones/ear bud cord to come out. However you can't really fit much else in there. It doesn't ride up and is very comfortable.
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I've tried a few options:
    - Spibelt - fine when I had a smaller phone, but not for iphone6. It will fit, but I find that I always push buttons putting it in and out.
    - Flip belt - hated it, and threw it in the bin when I was on holiday and needed to lighten my bag. Thick layers of fabric makes it too sweaty, clunky to get things in and out.
    - Arm band - can't get to the phone on the go to check intervals or change audio. And useless in the current weather when it's chilly when I start but warms up enough to take my top layer off.
    - jacket with pocket - fine while I'm wearing the jacket, but it's not usually cold enough here to need a jacket for the whole run.
    - Hands - I find it annoying to carry my phone for 90 minutes. Especially if I'm also carrying a water bottle
    - Running pants with phone sized pockets on each outside thigh - the winner! Unfortunately insanely difficult to find. I have an old pair of Nike capris but can't find them again. I did see Saucioy capris on line that looked ok but haven't seen them in real life. And Skirt sports tights - though I don't like the cut around the waist quite so much.

The skirt someone mentioned up thread sound like Skirtsports to me too.
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I use a Fitetics Hydration Belt, 16 ounce, and it holds my Samsung S6 Edge, a couple GelPacks and [2] 8 ounce bottles of liquid.

I cannot stand running with my phone in my hand, or in my pockets. But that's me personally.
  • niblue
    niblue Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I normally use an armband however just found a running t-shirt that has a built in smartphone pocket in the arm and that's great. https://www.decathlon.co.uk/eliokplay-t-shirt-id_8355601.html
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    The skirt I mentioned above: http://sparkleskirts.com/

I'm on the website and oh so tempted to buy one!!