Whole 30: 2016 Summer Challenge

Options
13»

Replies

• retziegal
    retziegal Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm starting my 2nd Whole30 today. Add me if you'd like to! We can support each other.

Caveat: I do weigh myself daily which is against the rules.
    It truly motivates me to keep going and going. :smiley:
  • AndreaBG
    AndreaBG Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am going to start on Sunday July 17th and am looking for a support network.
  • sallyinaganti
    sallyinaganti Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    AndreaBG wrote: »
    I am going to start on Sunday July 17th and am looking for a support network.

I'm starting today, too! :smiley:
  • corpus_validum
    corpus_validum Posts: 292 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I thought the point of Whole 30 was to recognize food sensitivities, not for weight loss? Either way, anything that makes you feel like this is not for me:

can't people learn to be positive towards others' fitness journey, even if it's not their cup of tea?
  • Cat687
    Cat687 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 9 of Whole 30 and survived a trip to Vegas and was Whole30 compliant the whole time. Fortunately I had some great friends who were also eating healthy so we held each other accountable.

What I have been doing is logging a diary entry into a journal to see how I am feeling, it allows me to look back at items that trigger my inflammation and gastroparesis. What I have been noticing in these 9 days is that my patience with people have drastically shortened, so I excuse my self and take short walks often. Also, the taste of fruit is inexplicably sweet to me. I have bad allergies, and my congestion is a lot better, to the point that when someone is drinking a diet soda next to me I can smell the artificiality of it to the point it is noxious.

What also helps me stay on track is posting a motivational quote each day and recapping my day. It helps me practice gratefulness as well.

• lyssa1210
    lyssa1210 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Is anyone out there still doing this? I have been easing towards it for a week and will start full throttle tomorrow. I read It starts withFood last year and did it for 30 days. Now I am getting the other book called The Whole 30. Any differences? Suggestions? I have an addiction to popcorn!
  • michelekay2015
    michelekay2015 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm just beginning Whole 30. I'm also eliminating nightshades & egg whites to follow the chronic pain plan for migraine.
  • droid1963
    droid1963 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My wife, daughter and I finished a Whole 30 on Sept 20.
    We started because my daughter was always bloated and headache-y. It's been remarkable. We learned that dairy and wheat are verboten for our daughter. We all lost weight, as a bonus. I haven't had a drink in 65 days, which is probably the longest stretch since high school,