What is Your Biggest Obstacle for Losing Weight? Here's Mine.

2»

Replies

• RredSonja
    RredSonja Posts: 307 Member
    Biggest obstacle for me is patience. My rating is rock solid now and I'm loving exercise, but I'm afraid if I hit a platau I'll give up.
  • mickey2942
    mickey2942 Posts: 71 Member
    edited July 2016
    I prefer donuts and chocolate cake instead of lettuce and celery.

I would rather watch a movie, or read a book than flail around in an exercise class. I hate getting all sweaty.

And there it is...but, I am working on it, and not going to quit.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    I found the calorie deficit for weight loss easy.
    The exercise for health and fitness I will never grow to love.

Cheers, h.

I'm exactly the opposite! LOL
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    I suppose a lack of motivation was my biggest obstacle. I lost about 30 lbs but it took me over a year because while I part of me wanted to lose the weight - statistically I'd have a better chance at long term health after all - another part of me didn't really care that much. I was already healthy by all medical standards of health. All health markers that were within my control were good. Most of the time I thought I looked good (I'm very fickle about this no matter what my weight). My husband thought I looked good. I was thinner than most of my friends. I was fit and strong.

It's that second voice that also makes maintaining so difficult.
  • Breizier
    Breizier Posts: 221 Member
    Food, I just love the stuff
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,959 Member
    edited July 2016
    For me, I'm at an awkward time in my life I guess. I am currently trying to get pregnant. I recently went on vacation and broke my good eating habits. So I continue to eat like I am on vacation and have gained weight. Plus over the last few months, I found my motivation lacking... so all in all, I'm 10 lbs heavier than I was and where I wanted to be. But because I'm trying to get pregnant, I'm also afraid to restrict calories to get back to where I was. And then there's the option of just maintaining where I am. WELL that feels like just as much work as losing weight. I've been essentially maintaining for the last 2.5 years and it hasn't gotten easier and I think it's bumming me out - the realization that it's NOT going to get easier like I always hoped. Turns out I'm terrible at making good habits.

So my brain just isn't thinking a stable thought pattern. My thoughts are all over the place and I'm super indecisive.

TL:DR I am my own problem.
  • TwitchyMC
    TwitchyMC Posts: 2 Member
    I used to have bulimia. Still on antidepressants, but finally stable enough to try to lose a little weight. Biggest obstacle is making progress without becoming obsessive. If I put too much pressure on myself I will slip back into the vicious cycle of binging and purging, but not enough pressure and i won't lose the weight I need to lose to be healthy! It's a really fine balance. Trying to take baby steps and stay relaxed. So far, so good :)
  • jjdig
    jjdig Posts: 45 Member
    My biggest obstacle is somehow, unbelievably, the fear of being thin. I get to the last 10 pounds, and then, somehow, it's "close enough". And then that's it, that's the excuse. I'm 4 weeks into those 10 pounds and have 4 to go, and I can FEEL myself wavering on the determination/motivation. Discipline.
    I like what Moxie42 said about "taking out the debate". Setting guidelines. GOOD! That's what I needed to hear.