Protein shakes... What's your favorite?

Options
Hey guys! I'm always looking to try out new protein shakes and I was wondering if any of you might have a suggestion on brands and the flavors you highly reccomend :)

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I like dymatize, muscle milk, quest and a few others. Its all personal preference.
  • williammuney
    williammuney Posts: 2,895 Member
    Options
    Now foods pea protein
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    PE Science, any flavor. trust me on this one.
  • jblankenbush17
    jblankenbush17 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all of your feedback!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    I like dymatize, muscle milk, quest and a few others. Its all personal preference.

I use muscle milk (knockout chocolate only) and I also use a whey powder Dymatize ISO-100 (birthday cake, vanilla and gourmet chocolate)..

Tried others but these are my favs.
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Trutein is my favorite protein powder. I've liked all the flavors I've had from them, and you can order samples from their website so you aren't shelling out a ton of money on a giant tub of chalk.

My favorite shake to make is just cold coffee, whole milk, and trutein. All the noms...!
  • BigTandthesquatters
    BigTandthesquatters Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Designer Whey vanilla or chocolate mixed with coffee, and some ice cubes
  • Gillian00louise
    Gillian00louise Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I love Arbonne, but when money is tight pulsin pea protein.
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    My favorites are Syntrax Matrix Peanut Butter Cookie, Mint Cookie and Syntrax Nectar Fuzzy Navel. Almost all powders are too sweet for me as is so I add cocoa powder or powdered peanut butter to cut the sweet without diluting the flavor.

Syntrax Matrix Perfect Chocolate is good for making iced coffee beverages.
  • keithsnyder
    keithsnyder Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Syntrax protein powder has amazing flavors from Vanilla to Strawberry Cream, and exotic tastes like Caribbean Cooler (tastes like a pina colada ) and Fuzzy Naval (tastes like Orange Julius). I also like cartons of Premier Chocolate, Strawberry, and Vanilla. I use these to mix with coffee or tea also. Frozen, they taste like an ice cream that is good for you.
  • Frankalbert247
    Frankalbert247 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use beneprotein in my shake because it is potent source of protein that is easily digestible and hypoallergic.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    BSN chocolate/peanut butter is the best I've tried but i cant handle whey concentrate so I cant drink it :( My second favourite and the one I've stuck with is Optimum Nutrition choc/peanut butter casein, it mixes up thicker (casein) and keeps me fuller for longer as casein is a slow digesting protein.
  • BigMikeP81
    BigMikeP81 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I use Muscletech Whey Protein Powder. It's Ice Cream flavored so I use Almond Coconut Milk, a small banana, tablespoon of Almond Butter with a handful of ice. Tastes just like a peanut butter banana milkshake.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I have quest vanilla milkshake at ATM.
  • i_mean_business
    i_mean_business Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    So I was on Serious Mass Optimum Nutrition but realized that there is so much better out there when I tried Optimum Nutrition Pro Mass Gainer Chocolate. The reason I love it is because there are no side effects like bloating etc... And you don't need a blender, so a Jax shaker cup is perfect. Lastly, you're looking at about 800 calories easy with milk and that is also roughly 60 grams of protein and about 85 grams of carbs. Anyway, I definitely recommend based on taste alone and hope this is insightful.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    i'm lactose intolerant so i like:
    Muscle Milk
    Quest
    and
    BodyLab Soy
  • illyich
    illyich Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I use Body Fortress because I'm poverty mode. But my recommendation for an actual shake is:
    1 cup almond milk
    1 serving whey isolate, chocolate
    1 serving PB2
    1 banana
    1 tbsp cocoa powder

Hnnng. Blend that all up and it creates a thick, wonderful protein shake. 329 cal, 6 fiber, 36 protein. Yas.
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I love all the Vega Foods protein shakes. I add a cup of black coffee, some ice, coconut milk and a banana. Yum! I am drinking it right now. I am allergic to whey and I fell in love with this vegan brand (not a vegan).
  • dmsl977
    dmsl977 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I love the premier protein cartons. Each have 30g of protein for 160 calories. I love to take the vanilla or chocolate flavor and blend with ice and a couple of teaspoons of decaf coffee crystals. Tastes like a frappe to me. My hubby is picking up a banana and cream flavor premier today. Not sure how I feel about that. lol