Starting a Weight Loss Journey

Options
I'm a 20 year old junior in college and decided to start a journey to serious weight loss after beginning a summer internship that has a Weight loss challenge for its workers. The winner gets a cash prize. I've wanted to lose weight for a long time (since early childhood). I've always been big but when i stepped on that scale and read "244 lbs", my heart sank. I was so embarrassed that I'd let myself weigh that much. At 5'5, i feel that I should weigh no more than 150. That's my goal weight. I just recently started and i guess I'm just here for suggestions and friends!

Replies

• bex0r2016
    bex0r2016 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Getting started is the hardest part! But just remind yourself that each day is a new opportunity and even if you do one positive thing (even small things) it's still progress. When I suffer from lack of motivation I normally will go watch some of my favorite fitness youtubers and get inspiration from their "what I eat in a day" or workout videos. Find someone you admire/identify with and start integrating their advice and see what works for you!
    Wish you all the best and much success on your journey! :)
  • Graymanstole
    Graymanstole Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Suggestions: Buy a food scale. Your results using that will be much better than using a people scale. Accept the fact that this is a lifetime journey, and does not end when you hit the magical '150' number you are shooting for. You will have good days. You will have bad days. You will gro frustrated and want to quit. Keep in mind this is all about making progress, not being perfect. Good luck.
  • Nettymac1969
    Nettymac1969 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there I'm new to this do u all concentrate on the calories your having or do u stick to the macros ie carbs protein fat etc.thanku xxx
    02172009 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Please add me as well
  • donnahibberd
    donnahibberd Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Im new to all this. Ive just started my weightloss and fitness plan. I've not done any exersice for so many years.
    Would love some friends to help my journey
  • BreannaB823
    BreannaB823 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Add me!!!
  • Graymanstole
    Graymanstole Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    madbird69 wrote: »
    Hi there I'm new to this do u all concentrate on the calories your having or do u stick to the macros ie carbs protein fat etc.thanku xxx

It depends on what you are trying to do. For some (keto diet, atkins, etc) the focus is more on the macros versus the plain calorie count. For most, it's easier to focus on the overall calorie count first, then work on specific macros as you grow accustomed to eating at a reduced caloric intake.