New to MFP, time for me to change

Options
biggyk87
biggyk87 Posts: 24 Member
Hey all,

Just joined a few days ago. Im a 28yr old male at 5'9 currently at 255lbs

Iv been going through a complete life style change. Including moving to a new area alone, out of work for the moment, dealing with a breakup and unfortunately going through some major depression. I lost about 20lbs just from the depression and lack of eating alone. I decided now is the time to completely change the way I look, feel, and live my life. This is is the most motivation I have ever regarding my weight and healthy living, although its been on my mind for years.

Im a complete newbie to weight loss and fitness. Im really glad to have found MFP and would like to meet some friends to join up with so im not making the journey alone. :smile:

Replies

• FromFattie2Fittie
    FromFattie2Fittie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hey! :) We have gone through some similar issues- I would love to add and support you! You can do this :) -CeCe
    5'8
    GW: 150
  • biggyk87
    Options
    Thank you, I added you.
  • PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Believe in yourself and you are halfway there!
  • SamanthaLouiseMence
    SamanthaLouiseMence Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I've sent you a friend request
    Things can only go up from here
    Chin up x
  • biggyk87
    Options
    Thanks guys, added you all. I'm excited to get really moving on this.
  • shaylas78
    shaylas78 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    just sent a friend request!
  • lisahebert186
    lisahebert186 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I have had some ups and downs myself and finally decided it's time for me. Good luck and feel free to add me if you'd like to.
  • jstalt0525
    jstalt0525 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Similar situation here. Take this time to fall in love with yourself and realize how much you deserve this! You are worth it and can't wait to see your progress.
  • biggyk87
    Options
    I think this site will be the difference between success and failure since I don't have any personal support around here. Actually turns out a friend of mine from my old city is on here so that helps.
  • MadMaxFury443
    MadMaxFury443 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    That's funny that your going through the same thing as me, minus the break up. I'll give my best wishes and hope you loose bro.
  • HSheartsNachos
    HSheartsNachos Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm down almost 100lbs with another 40 to go. Going through a breakup at the moment so could do with friends that can assure me there is life at the end of the tunnel!

Feel free to add me :)
  • biggyk87
    Options
    That's funny that your going through the same thing as me, minus the break up. I'll give my best wishes and hope you loose bro.

Thanks bud.
    I'm down almost 100lbs with another 40 to go. Going through a breakup at the moment so could do with friends that can assure me there is life at the end of the tunnel!

Feel free to add me :)

Adding you now :)
  • lisawilkes20
    lisawilkes20 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    We are all on here for our own reasons.
    I'm sorry to hear about your situation & hope you find a job soon. Go to the nearest library & ask where to go in the area for social events.
    I joined a local running club, on the beginners course & have made friends through this.
    Good luck & well done for thinking positive
  • Kate8059
    Kate8059 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    hey feel free to add me!
  • willburpeeforcookie
    willburpeeforcookie Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You are in the right place! Feel free to add me!
  • SaraMA1
    SaraMA1 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I am new to MFP also, and looking for encouraging and motivational people to become friends with as I work on losing weight. Please add me, lets support each other!