Giving it another try

Options
Hi,
My name is Judy and I am 52 years old. I am 50 pounds overweight. Have noticed a change in my energy level, which was never great but when I last weighed 145ish I had so much more energy. Married, have a boy & girl (both college students) and 2 cats. 4 cats when my daughter comes to visit. My struggles are not liking veggies & being motivated to exercise. I even have "free" access to a gym through work. I don't really think that I over eat now, however it is a matter of what I consume.
Plan of action. Trying to add veggies to my dishes to give different flavor. I want to say "yes" more often to my husbands request of wanting to taking a walk. Usining this site to counting my calories. Have done weight watchers at least 3 times in my lifetime. 2 of which were successful... it does work. However because of $ $ I am going to try this.
Hope to connect with others in the same situation.

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! This is a great site.
  • Hollycat
    Hollycat Posts: 372
    Options
    OMG. Are you my long, lost sister? :laugh: Sounds EXACTLY like me! No to veggies and wanting to say 'yes' to a walk more often?! That's ME!

Pact/Challenge/Goal? Say 'Yes' to a walk at least every other time and eat at least 2 veggies a day, or salad 3 times a week? What say you? Are you with me?

Hollycat
    :flowerforyou:
  • Darthur43
    Darthur43 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Many vegetables can be "hidden" in your regular food. When I make meatloaf (which isn't a lot), about 25% of my ingredients is the pulp I have left over from juicing carrots. Or you can also use shredded carrots. It doesn't change the taste at all and adds good fiber and vitamins.

Try searching Google for "hide vegetables in food". You'll find lots of different ideas :-)
  • Hollycat
    Hollycat Posts: 372
    Options
    Many vegetables can be "hidden" in your regular food.

So true!

I make my own 'Breakfast Burritos' [because I'm otherwise likely to swing by McD's on my way to work and I"m trying to save $] To my 12 scrambled eggs, I add chopped peppers, tomatoes [at the last minute] and green onion. Top with a little grated cheddar, wrap in a 6" tortilla and then in waxed paper. I make a dozen at a time on Sunday afternoons, refrigerate and feast on them all week. Takes 45 seconds to microwave and I'm out the door, burrito in hand! Veggies for breakfast, no less! And when I have nothing else for lunch...there they are!

Hollycat
    :flowerforyou: