What made you want to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Sugar_Pill wrote: »

And cause I wanted a thigh gap.

I'm sure there is an inappropriate joke here but i cannot figure it out.
  • momoftwins985
    momoftwins985 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I got tired of crying every time I tried on clothes. Walking up the stairs left me gasping for air. Not being able to run around with my toddlers. Just a bunch of stuff that I was fed up with.
  • xEmmaReynoldsx
    xEmmaReynoldsx Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Setting a date for our wedding :-D that's what made me want to lose the weight x
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    i gained 100 pounds in about 2 years i was about 300 pounds felt like a slug and wanted to be my hot self again

success actually i think im even hotter now except the bod is all ruined by excess skin.........but ....still..woo hot again

oh and also cause i didnt want to die and health is cool
  • CCSchouder
    CCSchouder Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I want to be comfortable in my own skin again. I want to feel good about myself when I look into the mirror and when I step onto the scale. And I want to be a healthy example for my daughter.
  • R0xannMarr0quin
    R0xannMarr0quin Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just got tired of being tired all the time.
  • 285to170
    285to170 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I was fat. I didn't wanna be fat.

What about back dimples? @Sugar_Pill

They're "hereditary". No matter how hard I try- still ain't happening.

I figure a tramp stamp will suffice.

Buahahah I inherited back dimples. Y'all jealous or nah?
  • greeneyedfurball
    greeneyedfurball Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    There were a bunch of reasons, but the big one was that I LOVE swimming (I'm a former lifeguard ), and I haven't done it in years because I wouldn't be caught dead in a swimsuit. I even have a swimsuit in my drawer that I bought years ago and have never worn. It should be fitting me within a few months.
  • Stronger4_life
    Stronger4_life Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I saw a picture of myself when my daughter had turned 2 back in 2010. I truly saw how overweight I was and decided to change my lifestyle completely -- no excuses -- and do it as an example to my kids. Always struggled being overweight since the 3/4th grade. It's been an up and down journey, but I never regretted making the commitment to eat healthier and start exercising. My tips that I've learned...Tracking your food is KEY and enjoy working out as a BENEFIT for your body, not punishment. Allow one cheat meal on the weekend. I love following the Macro (iifym) eating plan and have lost an additional 20 lbs this year.
  • TheOriginalUglyFatty
    Options
    I wanna feel pretty.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Turning 51. Noticing all the chubby middle-aged bodies around me, and not wanting one.
    That sense of superiority with respect to your surrounding is a sign of sub-conscious insecurity related to self-worth.

Cheers to that "sub-conscious insecurity related to self-worth" that's keeping me from letting myself go like my peers have done. I'm totally cool with it. LOL! B)
  • Atchmon
    Atchmon Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    CincyNeid wrote: »

I'm sure there is an inappropriate joke here but i cannot figure it out.

Factory air, I heard it called once. :smile:
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    Atchmon wrote: »
    I want a relationship, to have that first date, that first kiss, that first...you get the idea. I'm hoping once I reach my goal weight, I can get women to talk to me longer than a few seconds, without them looking like they'd rather be anywhere else.

:'( This makes me sad
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    Atchmon wrote: »
    I want a relationship, to have that first date, that first kiss, that first...you get the idea. I'm hoping once I reach my goal weight, I can get women to talk to me longer than a few seconds, without them looking like they'd rather be anywhere else.

it will happen :) you are in a good place to help you reach your goals
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Scared that I won't see 60, worry I'm slowly killing myself with my weight.sick I'm always the fattest one in the room and mad because so many places I want to go and, and to play, not just watch my grandkids.
    Plus, I really would like to cross my legs.
  • kellibee2000
    kellibee2000 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    At 262 lbs I've broken 3 chairs within the last month. I needed to wake the hell up & realize what I'm doing to my body. Lots of chairs pinch & dig into my sides. I don't want to live like this. I think when I look in the mirror I see a thinner version of myself, or I'm deeper in denial than I realize.
  • chimonetabron2014
    chimonetabron2014 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    For me, it was the small things. Realizing that I've only walked 10 minutes & am out of breath, feeling self conscious about wearing dresses, bathing suit, etc., walking up a flight of stairs and gasping for air, asking the flight attendant for an extender because the seatbelt doesn't go all the way across my body. It's a number of things....after a while those small things add up & end up being your personal motivation. I want to be better & do better. Get healthy, wear a little black dress, walk without being out of breath. Seeing the change & feeling the change is a wonderful thing. It helps you continue & work harder! Congrats to all of you for reaching & continuing to reach your goals!!!!!
  • kellkee16
    kellkee16 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I just want to feel good about myself again. :)