One bicep is bigger...

cnbbnc
cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
I don't understand why....and it's bugging the crap outta me. How does this happen??? I work in dentistry, so obviously I'm using this arm all day long. My dr had told me I have stronger forearms than the average person because of my work, but I can't have a larger bicep on my dominant arm because of it. ???

Do I just do some extra lifting with my other arm to try evening myself out or what?

Replies

• HorrorGeekLiz
    HorrorGeekLiz Posts: 195 Member
    Mine are different by about a half inch. I used to know someone who was a waitress and had dramatically different sized biceps because she always carried the tray with the same arm. So, yes, it can happen, and yes, I'd say work out the other arm. If it's possible, maybe even try using your other arm at work.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    And always start your lifting on your weaker side and only do the same on your stronger side. Work to the limits of your weak spots, not vice versa.
  • singletrackmtbr
    singletrackmtbr Posts: 644 Member
    And always start your lifting on your weaker side and only do the same on your stronger side. Work to the limits of your weak spots, not vice versa.

Opinion will vary. I personally wouldn't choose to lose strength on my stronger arm. I would make the weaker arm stronger. If this means taking a pause to get the full set, so be it.