Weight loss after cancer, anyone else?

Options
twogoots
twogoots Posts: 96 Member
edited July 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Rejoining after a bout with breast cancer. I am two months out from radiation done with chemo after a double mastectomy. Hoping to lose about 40 pounds that I put on during treatments. Anyone else post cancer treatments?

Replies

• mcginger1
    mcginger1 Posts: 128 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I am. :smile: Just about to hit my one year mark since diagnosis. Always been "fluffy", but after being told the cancer was caused by 'environmental factors', I decided to get serious about a healthier lifestyle. Congratulations on completing your treatments, and I wish you the very best in your endeavors!!
  • twogoots
    Options
    Thanks. Can I add u?
  • twogoots
    Options
    I am trying to focus on food changes then tackle the added excercising.
  • lista10
    lista10 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I recently had to have chemo due to an ectopic pregnancy, I don't wish chemo on anyone, and the scare and the pain and the side effects it has on your body I never knew how hard it was for people with cancer. So good for us to keep pushing forward and having hope and wanting to try to be healthy. I hope things are better for you!
  • Seabrook22
    Seabrook22 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just celebrated my 4 year anniversary of completing lumpectomy, chemo and radiation. I would love to join your team! I would like to lose 45 pounds! Twenty five before I turn 50 in January! Please add me as a friend.
  • twogoots
    Options
    Send
    Me an add if I missed you.
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I have undergone chemo for my Lupus and Behcets Disease three times, so I do understand the havoc that it wreaks on your body. Congrats on beating the big C! I have the BRCA gene, so after all the treatments I've had for my autoimmune diseases I have been working my tail off to get in the best shape ever so I'm even stronger if/when my body decides it wants to combat with me. No matter what, know that you are AMAZING.