can someone clarify the amount of calories I need?

Options
Hi everyone,

I confuse about what my daily calorie intake should be to lose weight at about 1-2 lbs per week.

I am currently 123 lbs and 5' 3.

I try to walk about 3-4 miles every other day.

Thanks for any guidance you can give me!

Replies

• lydt5880
    lydt5880 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Approx 1350 depending on your age. Hope that helps. What activity level have you put yourself under?
    =)
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    That sounds as if you're already in the healthy bmi range. So losing any more is going to be hard work, and aiming for 1-2 lbs per week is probably unrealistic, sorry.

Do you have an end goal in mind, or is it more about shape?
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    At 123 and 5'3, you're already well within a healthy weight.

When you're at a healthy weight, you do not want to lose 1-2 pounds a week. It's next to impossible, for starters, but also, you want to focus on tweaking things so you lose fat. Drop too much too fast, and you're going to lose muscle.

Aim for half a pound a week, and eat back your exercise calories. I know it doesn't seem that satisfying, but at your size, you'll notice a big difference in each pound loss if you exercise, eat right (aim to go over your protein), and lose fat.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    1-2 lbs per week loss is too aggressive for someone 5'3" and 123 lbs.

What are you trying to accomplish?
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

Is this your new tag line?

OP: set your goal to lose 0.5lbs/week, this is all you should expect to lose given your current stats.
  • kensky
    kensky Posts: 472 Member
    Options

Is this your new tag line?

"LIKE"
  • rainbowws
    rainbowws Posts: 41
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses! I really want to lose the fat around my stomach area, there's just this stubborn little ridge of fat that I don't know how to shift, and I'd like to lose a bit off the tops of my arms too. Apart from that I'm happy enough, I would ideally like to be around the 119 lb mark as this is where I felt most comfortable with myself.

I think I may be eating too little and perhaps I am retaining water? I'm not sure, I would just like to get back to a weight I was happiest at.