Could you check my diary?

Options
I was wondering if you could check my diary and maybe tell me what I am doing well and what I am doing not so well, I haven't gone out of my calorie goal so I think I am doing well. Also can anybody tell me how to avoid eating to much of my baking?It is so tempting, My brothers seem to devour it right in front of my face! But I cannot stop baking!!! Because:

1. My brothers would be grumpy because they don't get cookies.
2. I would be grumpy because I can't bake.

Anything helps, Thank-you!

Replies

• clops379
    clops379 Posts: 14
    Options
    No dinner??? I don't know how you manage that! If it were me I'd try to even out the food across the day to make sure blood sugars stay steady...but then again I eat a LOT, yes its healthy but MFP is making me realise just how much I consume! My current top tip is to have a box of carrot and celery sticks in the fridge all the time and a HUGE bowl of fruit in the kitchen. If I don't shop for fruit and veg regularly I get fat!
  • Amandanoralynn
    Amandanoralynn Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Where are your fruits and vegetables? You need more healthy natural food in your meal plan. Your body will Thank You!
  • blondie1238
    blondie1238 Posts: 182
    Options
    You need some fruits and veggies in there... and maybe some whole grains and more protein :happy:
  • celestedavis
    celestedavis Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi Izzy, I would be happy to look at it with you. We have to become friends and then you go to your settings and push the allow friends to see your diary or some button like that.

I make cookies for my hubby every week as he travels for 5 days out of the week. I want him to have my healthy cookies rather than the preservative filled ones! The first few weeks I chomped down on the cookies, however, as I looked at what it did on my food diary I really cut back. Now I have some fruit or juice to put in my mouth while those cookies are baking, I put them in baggies in the freezer when they are finished and send them all with him. Out of sight out of mind.

Hope this helps!

Celeste
  • lizzy646
    lizzy646 Posts: 15
    Options
    Oh ya, I mean other days to, sorry I haven't eaten dinner yet today!

Also The reason I haven't drank water is because I drink milk, and LOTS of it, sometimes i forget to putit in my diary though :O
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    You are not drinking any water? If not, you should be.
  • KourtneyP83
    KourtneyP83 Posts: 319
    Options
    I agree with more fruits and vegetables and maybe not having just sweets for your meal (like just cookies) and instead try to include protein, vegetable, complex carbs etc - a balanced diet.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    You need to up your protein, honey. Way too little protein. You should be aiming for 1g of protein for every pound of lean mass (ex: my goal is 100 a day, cuz I figure my ultimate lean weight goal is 135, subtract bones and organs... well you get the idea, right?)
    cut back on carbs, too. 200+ is way too high for anybody.

I know baking is really hard. I can't be allowed to watch cupcake wars cuz then I go on a manic baking binge (kinda like Remy in Pixar's Ratatouille "All the different flavors and textures all over the world coming into one penultimate--")
    But best advice is to make 1 treat a week (maybe on the weekends) and have that be it. Then eventually work towards every other week, then once a month.

Good luck!
  • lizzy646
    Options
    I am trying not to eat anymore waffles for breakfast, but they are yummy!! :( and there is also only toast to ear otherwise :(
  • lizzy646
    Options
    Waffles are tempting
  • lizzy646
    Options

Yaaaaaa.... about that I drink milk, ALOT of milk. So I don't usually drink water....
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options

Yaaaaaa.... about that I drink milk, ALOT of milk. So I don't usually drink water....

Milk is good, but you still need to drink a lot of water. Also, log all your milk, they have calories.
  • lizzy646
    Options

Milk is good, but you still need to drink a lot of water. Also, log all your milk, they have calories.

Ya I know but I usually check if I have enough calories left before I have milk
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    aim to drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces of water daily, darlin! If you weigh 150 lbs, you need to drink 75 oz to stay hydrated. Cut your milk back to 8 oz a day.
    Waffles are phenomenal. I totally feel your pain. I would eat pancakes, eggs, and bacon every morning if I could.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I don't think what you are eating is horrible. I''m not a fan of processed foods so I would tweak a few things. For example those "blueberry" waffles and muffins don't actually contain any blueberries, at the most they may have blueberry flavoring. You like to bake, make your own blueberry pancakes and add fresh blueberries to them. You can even pre-make and put them in the freezer for later. Ditto the syrup. It's little more than sugar, water & food coloring. The real stuff cost a bit more, but taste better and you use less.

The one thing I would strongly suggest is getting more green veg in. Even if it's only a small side salad. Your progress may take a while since you don't have lots to lose, but keep up the good work!

Oh forgot baking tips. Add a bit of flaxseed powder or oats to your baking and get a bit of extra fiber. it won't take away the sugary aspect of baking, but at least you'll be getting some fiber with your sugar.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    HI! Iwould suggest eating 3 meals.Also I would add fruits and veg to your diet.Think the calories are too low also.
    Good luck
    jane
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Oh ya, I mean other days to, sorry I haven't eaten dinner yet today!

Also The reason I haven't drank water is because I drink milk, and LOTS of it, sometimes i forget to putit in my diary though :O
    Cut the amount of milk you drink in half and replace that with water. Adult humans don't need tons of milk, but your body ALWAYS needs water. It's not a matter of having the extra calories. Those calories should go to fruit and veg. That milk is taking valuable real estate in your menu.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    drink some water, and if you love baking look up some healthy alternatives to what you like. there are plenty that are way less fattening and taste good. eat some fruits and veggies, i love melons {watermelon, honeydew, etc} grapes, oranges, berries, so many different choices. if you can't get it organic or it's way to pricey like in my city, then try a farmers market, or just buy it regular, not a big deal. good luck, happy eating, i hope you reach your goal :)
  • sue26
    sue26 Posts: 412
    Options
    About the baking, I bake lots and find that the best way to avoid eating too much is to make the sort I dont like e.g. dont like peanut butter cookies or anything with dates, so I make those. Also put them away as soon as they are cool so you cant see them . :smile:
  • gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    too many carbs and no fruits and veggies!! you must eat more fruits and veggies and blueberry waffles do not count. :tongue: