Would it be a waste if i ate....

Options
mnec2010
mnec2010 Posts: 132 Member
After my exercise and meals today, I have about 530 calories left.. I start out at 1200, and since I worked out a lot I have a few calories left and id really like to have a frosted cinnamon roll from Tim's for a treat cause Ive been working super hard......... would it be a waste to use my 400 of my 530 for it.... ohhh the temptation!!

Replies

• 4dogmommy
    4dogmommy Posts: 5
    Options
    We all have to splurge sometimes and since it's late in the day, enjoy yourself.
  • kamoira23
    kamoira23 Posts: 193
    Options
    If you've already had your meals and have some leftover, then go ahead!! I have a treat every now and then - if I don't, I usually get such a ridiculous craving that I go out and binge on junk and completely blow a day!
  • Lisas30th
    Lisas30th Posts: 11
    Options
    You've earned it and you really want it. I don't see the harm in splurging this once.
  • ai965
    ai965 Posts: 118
    Options
    As long as it doesn't put your sugar too out of whack, go for it!
  • Rmarshall1184
    Rmarshall1184 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Go for it! You know if you earned it or not. And especially since you actually factored it into your range.

I cheat once a week. its a mental break, reward, and helps the metabolism. When your dieting and working out, the boost in calories and sugar can actually "jump start" your metabolism.
  • fairfieldbeach
    fairfieldbeach Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Well, it depends on how much you are craving it. If you will still be hungry after you eat it, then I'd say it's not worth it because then you'll wind up going over your calories just to get nutrition. Can you eat just half and give the rest to your significant other?
  • yeahfatty
    yeahfatty Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    i'd say as long as it's not as a reward for doing exercise because that's really a vicious circle you don't want to end up with, if not, treat yourself! (:
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Don't deny yourself, it's a lifestyle change not a diet. You've earned it go for it.
  • welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I think it's okay as long as you have met your daily allowance of carbs, protein and fat. But I wouldn't do that more than once a week.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    As long as it doesn't put your sugar too out of whack, go for it!

Of course it's going to put her sugar out of whack!

Treat yourself, as long as it's truly a treat. These things are good for your brain. You've worked hard and you can afford it, so buy it!
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Do it!! :) I had enough calories on Saturday to have a treat myself.. 500 calories worth of cheesecake fantasy ice-cream from Coldstone's Creamery. AH-MAY-ZING. It was so worth it, and I lost 2.8 pounds this week! Nothing to worry about.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Well, it depends on how much you are craving it. If you will still be hungry after you eat it, then I'd say it's not worth it because then you'll wind up going over your calories just to get nutrition. Can you eat just half and give the rest to your significant other?

THIS. Always happens to me. Go for a lower calorie treat. A small ice cream cone is about 150 calories and should be enough sugar to curb your craving. Or try fro yo... or half the cinnamon roll.