? Fitbit or MFP

Options
Git a Fitbit set to lose 1lb per week also set this on MFP but both are different amount of calorie intake/calorie deficit
MFP is saying I still have 599 calorie left but Fitbit stating I'm over my calorie intake ??
If anyone can help that'd be great

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have the Negative Calorie adjustment enabled and haven't moved as much as your fitbit thinks you should have by this point in your day.
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    I have observed that sometimes Fitbit is counting more calories ingested in a particular day than my MFP entries.
    I check my Fibit account online, Food log section and I always found 2 or 3 food entries duplicated; I assume when sync; I just delete the duplicates and problem is solved
  • cat028
    cat028 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Sounds like you have the Negative Calorie adjustment enabled and haven't moved as much as your fitbit thinks you should have by this point in your day.

How do I find negative calorie adjustment??
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I have observed that sometimes Fitbit is counting more calories ingested in a particular day than my MFP entries.
    I check my Fibit account online, Food log section and I always found 2 or 3 food entries duplicated; I assume when sync; I just delete the duplicates and problem is solved

I've noticed that my Fitbit doesn't recognize when I delete things off of my MFP entries- I pre-log so this can be a problem sometimes. On July 4th I ate around 1,200 calories, but had to make many changes, it was an air travel day and things I had pre-logged were not available, Fitbit just kept adding all the calories, showing I ate over 3,000 calories for the day. Now the only person that this matters to is me, but it still bugs me that it is incorrect. I can not figure out how to go in and delete the incorrect information on my Fitbit.
  • daniip_la
    daniip_la Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Is Fitbit showing your calorie intake as a different number than MFP shows? Because when I pre-log, Fitbit says I'm over my calorie intake because at that certain time of the day, it thinks I've eaten all the things I logged and so I'm "over intake". But at the end of the day it's fine, as long as it's not duplicating anything.
  • lthames0810
    lthames0810 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I was able to delete entries on the fitbit dashboard (not the app) by going to the log for food intake. Touch the offending entry and an x appears next to it. You can then delete it. I don't know if you can alter the calorie amount there.
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    @cat028:

You find the negative calorie adjustment at : Home, My settings, scroll down and there is a box that says Negative calorie. Just checked or unchecked
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    cat028 wrote: »
    kshama2001 wrote: »

How do I find negative calorie adjustment??

On http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings scroll down to Calorie Adjustments. If Enable Negative Adjustments is checked, you can uncheck it so that your fitbit doesn't take calories away when you are more sedentary than you've told it you will be.

What's your Activity Level set to? This is on the same page.

• Gena575
    Gena575 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I was able to delete entries on the fitbit dashboard (not the app) by going to the log for food intake. Touch the offending entry and an x appears next to it. You can then delete it. I don't know if you can alter the calorie amount there.

You can delete from the app, at least on android, by holding the entry for a few seconds then the Pop up to delete shows.
  • lthames0810
    Options
    I also noticed that fitbit doesn't have a minimum calorie budget the way MFP does. When I set fitbit to lose 2 pounds per week, it gave me a target of around 875 calories, but MFP gave me 1200. That may be one reason why they show different amounts.
  • lthames0810
    Options
    Gena575 wrote: »

You can delete from the app, at least on android, by holding the entry for a few seconds then the Pop up to delete shows.

Oh! Thanks for that. Much easier.
  • saires_au
    saires_au Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    With the settings on my Fitbit I am alotted 1750 calories a day (I set this manually) and if I go over this it goes in to the red but on mfp I have my 1750 calories PLUS any extra activity above my baseline activity level that Fitbit transfers so 90%?of the time I have more calories on mfp than Fitbit.

And yes Fitbit sometimes doesn't delete items that have been deleted on mfp. You need to click on the calories in icon and delete the old entry if you want Fitbit to accurately record intake. It's an annoying bug!
  • cat028
    cat028 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you sooo much everyone
    X
  • minniestar55
    minniestar55 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I find it more efficient & simp,Sr. To log all my food on MFP, and use Fitbit for exercise.
  • Brianthesnail1971
    Brianthesnail1971 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    As with many here, seems to work better to log all food on the more comprehensive MFP database and exercise on the Fitbit. All works but would be useful if the exercise transposed the extra calories available once the log in Fitbit had been done ... I like chocolate/wine and how am I supposed consume these without feeling suicidal if my exercise hasn't added the 1,000 calories required !! :wink: