Question about the streak counter?

Options
planetfatty
planetfatty Posts: 28 Member
Hi,

I signed up to MFP yesterday, filled in my diary and hit complete just after midnight I think. This morning I logged breakfast, lunch, etc. and noticed it said my streak was 1 day. Is that right? I thought the day we signed up counted as day 1? So shouldn't today be day 2? Not that it really matters, I just want to make sure it's accurate for motivation's sake.

Replies

• daniellek30
    daniellek30 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    No, it's saying you've logged on consecutively for one day.
  • planetfatty
    planetfatty Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Ohhh, OK, that makes sense. Thanks!
  • ald783
    ald783 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know how to manually reset the streak counter? Not that it really matters but I've had a couple days where I didn't log but my app must have been logged in because it still counted it.
  • rickc74
    rickc74 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    ald783 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to manually reset the streak counter? Not that it really matters but I've had a couple days where I didn't log but my app must have been logged in because it still counted it.

I think it counts your streak as consecutive days you have logged in, or opened the app. My guess would be that, if you want to start your streak over, you probably have to not log in or use the app all day.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,140 Member
    Options
    If you want to maintain a streak, all you have to do is log on. You don't have to enter anything, you just need to log on for a few seconds.

If you log on after midnight, you will lose your streak.

If you want your streak reset because you accidentally logged on a few minutes after midnight one day, you need to contact the mods.

On the weekend, I was in a location with no internet access. However, my husband and I went for a long bicycle ride and I took my phone with me. At the halfway point of the ride we stopped for lunch at a place where there was internet access. I quickly logged on and logged off again ... thus keeping my streak intact. :)
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I set up a reminder email to be sent if I don't log in by 10 pm, but fortunately it's never been triggered. Logging just becomes a habit :)
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    This is a good tool to have in the event you are unable to log in for whatever reason.
    https://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/login_counter_reset_request
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    rickc74 wrote: »
    ald783 wrote: »

I think it counts your streak as consecutive days you have logged in, or opened the app. My guess would be that, if you want to start your streak over, you probably have to not log in or use the app all day.

Yep. I've wanted to re-start my streak before - you just have to completely stay off the site or the app for the full day.
  • Will_Run_for_Food
    Will_Run_for_Food Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure why, but my streak counter keeps going even though I have definitely gone one or two days without logging in. So I don't know how accurate it is.