PCOS Support Group

Options
Hey y'all. I think we should get a discussion going about those of us with PCOS trying to lose weight. Maybe share some tips and advice about your experiences?

I was diagnosed a year ago and have been working towards a healthier me. I would love some new fit family members!

Replies

• alilouandrews90
    alilouandrews90 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I was diagnosed at 19 I'm now 26.. I lost 6st doing slimming world in one year and fell pregnant I'm I have put on like 3stone went back to slimming world and just couldn't do it again kinda bored me the second time round. So started using this app and lost around 7lbs on and off past lot off months. I'm hoping to have at least a stone off by August.. one thing I found is that weight falls off slowly having pros.. x
  • LeahP527
    LeahP527 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed in 2013 when I was 18 and did great and lost about 40 lbs that year but I gained it all back plus some and got up to my highest weight ever. Now I'm back at it I've been tracking my calories for about a month now and I am down 16 lbs!
  • srudawsky12
    srudawsky12 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I was diagnosed with PCOS about 4 years ago when I was 21, and haven't spoken to any other women who have it about it. Are any of you interested in talking about the disease and symptoms in addition to the weight management? I would love to connect with some other women dealing with this!

My doctor told me a vegetarian diet could help manage the weight, anybody else find much truth in this? I've lost 8 lbs but feel that I need to work very hard to loose weight and keep it off.
  • kprae17
    kprae17 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi. I have PCOS too I was diagnosed 8 years ago and have been able to mostly manage my symptoms. I haven't tried a vegetarian diet but I do not cutting out sugar is a good idea because I was told by my OBGYN that we are at a greater risk of becoming diabetic.