Overweight grandma of 48 who loves to eat & needs to lose 75-100 lbs-looking for support

Hi !
I'm a 48 year old mom of 3 and grandma of 1 who over the past few years has let eating and sitting take over my life. Recently diagnosed as prediabetic this was the kick in the pants I needed to change my lifestyle. I'm trying hard to eat better and move more. I've been back on MFP for about 3 weeks and have lost 9 lbs and my early morning glucose seems to be down under 110 (from mid 120's). I'm feeling better and have more energy but my husband (who is 200+ overweight) is somewhat of a saboteur. He says he wants to lose weight but keeps eating crap and says " are you sure you don't want X:. Come into the convenience store and get something." or he brings home cinnamon buns, ice cream etc.
I need all the support I can get so I'd love some MFP friends to keep me on the straight and narrow. I've found that if you have others in your corner it's easier to stay straight AND give them the motivation they need.
If you need help or would like to help me, please feel free to add me and let's have a great time !
Thanks !

Replies

• Kalley1959
    Kalley1959 Posts: 287 Member
    Feel free to add me. I've lost 70 lbs but still have much more to lose. I'm recovering from a broken foot but slowly getting back on track. You can do this!
  • xmistidawnx
    xmistidawnx Posts: 2 Member
    you can do it! Im from KY originally and my mom did that to all the kids. Its hard to resist things that taste yummy like cina bons ( my weakness to) but just hop on here when you need help or remember being healthy means more time with those grand babies!
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Hey there! I'm a gramma too, just a wee bit younger than you, and I've killed over 80 lbs to date! I'd love to help you if I can :):) Feel free to add me! xo
  • angeleyes4643
    angeleyes4643 Posts: 151 Member
    rofl... I just read the title. No I do not have 48 grandchildren...lol I am 48 years old. oh boy i need a donut..lol
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    No you don't! LOL..you need to drop and give us 10 pushups just for saying DONUT! (Glad you added me yet? lol >:) )
  • angeleyes4643
    angeleyes4643 Posts: 151 Member
    aw man... I'd continue to say the D word but pushups are HARD. lol
    (trying to do a pushup...it's going to be a while. stop back in about an hour I might have done one..lol )