pokemon go

Gotta say this app is nice for getting me off the couch to walk. Anyone else?

Replies

• Golbat
    Golbat Posts: 276 Member
    My kids keep begging me to walk places with them, so yes, both for me and them!
  • PantoneRed
    PantoneRed Posts: 40 Member
    8.5 k this morning!
  • jessiebean25
    jessiebean25 Posts: 4 Member
    I've been out walking all night since it came out!
  • ReadingCat
    ReadingCat Posts: 13 Member
    I haven't walked yet to find a pokemon, planning on tomorrow morning, but my daughter had us stop at the park on the way home from the gym because someone had set a lure.
    She caught a meowth, so Yeah!
  • ReadingCat
    ReadingCat Posts: 13 Member
    PantoneRed wrote: »
    8.5 k this morning!
    Bet you caught a few!
  • revolutiontruth
    revolutiontruth Posts: 88 Member
    I downloaded it today. Went out with my son and on my own and ended up with over 15k steps
  • Atchmon
    Atchmon Posts: 16 Member
    yep, walked for about 20mins and run into other people doing it too! Good way to socialize and exercise!
  • LittleMissAngi
    LittleMissAngi Posts: 243 Member
    I walk 2 miles and didn't catch anything. As soon I get back and sit on the couch, they start to appear.
  • fitnessjustin01
    fitnessjustin01 Posts: 239 Member
    So tempted to try this!
  • LandyBreigh
    LandyBreigh Posts: 207 Member
    My 9 year old asked to download it on my phone over the weekend. Today, I read an article about how the app is getting full access to your phone data. I deleted the app this morning.
    Here is the article.

www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/pokemon-go-has-full-access-to-your-emails-and-documents/ar-BBudddw
  • dominosmiles
    dominosmiles Posts: 9 Member
    Best app ever gets you moving and i feel its bringing my community together surprising. lol. Gotta Catch em All <3
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,889 Member
    My 9 year old asked to download it on my phone over the weekend. Today, I read an article about how the app is getting full access to your phone data. I deleted the app this morning.
    Here is the article.

www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/pokemon-go-has-full-access-to-your-emails-and-documents/ar-BBudddw

Well that's a bummer. I almost upgraded to a smart phone but won't while there are privacy/security concerns.

"...You have only two options to sign into the game--use log in information from pokemon.com, or sign in with your Google credentials. Because of the immense popularity of the game, the Pokemon website currently (at the time of writing) isn’t accepting new users. That means Google is your only choice.

Reeve noted that when some iOS users sign into Pokemon Go through Google, they’re giving Niantic, the developer that created the game, full access to their account--that includes Gmail, Google Drive, Google Maps, Google Photos, and other Google features. If Niantic chooses to do so, it has the ability to read your emails, send emails, and even view your search and navigation histories."
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Here is the article.

Well that's a bummer. I almost upgraded to a smart phone but won't while there are privacy/security concerns.

"...You have only two options to sign into the game--use log in information from pokemon.com, or sign in with your Google credentials. Because of the immense popularity of the game, the Pokemon website currently (at the time of writing) isn’t accepting new users. That means Google is your only choice.

Reeve noted that when some iOS users sign into Pokemon Go through Google, they’re giving Niantic, the developer that created the game, full access to their account--that includes Gmail, Google Drive, Google Maps, Google Photos, and other Google features. If Niantic chooses to do so, it has the ability to read your emails, send emails, and even view your search and navigation histories."

I just made a new gmail account, took 2 minutes...