Pokemon Go

Options
So - four hours later and I walked 25,000 steps without realizing. Talk about leveling up... Interested to see how many sedentary gamers report weight loss with this game. Anyone else killing the calorie burn as a result?

Replies

• tamaera
    tamaera Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Luckily I live on a farm so I don't have to worry about traffic, but haven't tried it just yet :) It's been nothing but rain here in Oregon the last couple of days.
  • seachelle76
    seachelle76 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Ha! I saw at least 14 people out last night playing Pokemon Go. Whatever works.
  • klrenn
    klrenn Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    This seems to kill my battery...how are you getting such long walks?
  • erinmc1986
    erinmc1986 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    There's a battery saver option under settings.
  • klrenn
    klrenn Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    erinmc1986 wrote: »

Awesome, thanks!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    klrenn wrote: »
    erinmc1986 wrote: »

Awesome, thanks!

Even with that on it extended my time from 1hr 20 mins to 1hr 45 mins :disappointed:
  • VividVegan
    VividVegan Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    The classics will always be better.
  • mom2pne
    mom2pne Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I just put the app on tonight so I didn't get out much, but I did get 4 in the block I did go. 2 were in my yard and 2 were 2 houses down. Will be going out more in the morning as 3 of my 5 boys want to catch them for me. My oldest is 22 and his fiancé told me they went walking for about 2 hours so they could catch some on each of their phones. Next weekend we are going to walk together. :smile:
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    One lives on my street. My 21 year old and I were out yesterday
  • mallygirl420
    mallygirl420 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    mom2pne wrote: »
    I just put the app on tonight so I didn't get out much, but I did get 4 in the block I did go. 2 were in my yard and 2 were 2 houses down. Will be going out more in the morning as 3 of my 5 boys want to catch them for me. My oldest is 22 and his fiancé told me they went walking for about 2 hours so they could catch some on each of their phones. Next weekend we are going to walk together. :smile:

I love this! What a fun way to connect with your family.

Also to answer earlier questions, I use a portable battery pack!
  • JustKen74
    JustKen74 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    This game kicks *kitten*, burning so many calories catching them all!
  • carrieloveshk
    carrieloveshk Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I love it! It's so frustrating how HOT it is in Texas all day though because I just wanna walk all day and hatch and catch. Ha.
  • mallygirl420
    mallygirl420 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend and check out my profile if you want to access my Pokemon Go workout challenge!!
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    i've been easily getting my 10K steps in and finally FINALLY my family will go walking with me. thats the best part, i dont have to walk alone anymore.
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    That's awesome when the whole family is involved.
  • mzfrizz15
    mzfrizz15 Posts: 135 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Heh, my elderly mother has been coming along with me in the evenings when I cruise our neighborhood looking for some pokemon. It's a win/win in my book: I add to my collection, and she gets better blood glucose readings the next morning. <3
  • n00170568
    n00170568 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    www.reddit.com/r/pokemongofitness