Tips for reducing waist size

Options
I was hoping to get some advice on what exercise / workout plans have proved successful for people. I have already lost 28lbs through calorie deficit, cardio a little strengh training but whilst the weight is coming off my waistline is still rather 'thick'
I know you can't spot reduce but has anyone had good results after folllowing certain types of fitness plans?

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    No, it really just comes down to genetics and losing fat.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    No, it really just comes down to genetics and losing fat.

This
  • carrieloveshk
    carrieloveshk Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Surgery? :/
  • MissDeeDee78
    MissDeeDee78 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    My mommy made my waistline :)
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    My mommy made my waistline :)

My kids helped make mine.
  • Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    My "trainer" (I put that in quotes b/c he's really just some guy at the gym who is paid to teach classes) but he had me do some of the following in his abs class:
    • planks
    • leg lifts
    • this exercise where you lean against a wall, slide down, walking your feet out until you are sitting in an invisible chair with your back perpendicular to the wall & your legs at a 90 degree angle, then hold for for 10 - 60 seconds; we did 3 reps increasing the time each set
    • a standing bending sideways exercise with weights -- you stand up straight & hold a small weight in your hand, the bend sideways lowering the weight to you knee or calf (depending on how far you can comfortably go). You do 10 reps, switch sides, then do 3 sets. It seemed so easy while we were doing them but oooh my obliques hurt for 2 days!
    • These sit up like things -- You sit with your knees bent in front of you, feet flat on the floor. You lean back 45 degrees so you are half way to the floor, then you twist from side to side, preferably holding a weight. I need a partner stabilizing my feet for this.

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,707 Member
    Options
    Trish1c wrote: »
    My "trainer" (I put that in quotes b/c he's really just some guy at the gym who is paid to teach classes) but he had me do some of the following in his abs class:
    • planks
    • leg lifts
    • this exercise where you lean against a wall, slide down, walking your feet out until you are sitting in an invisible chair with your back perpendicular to the wall & your legs at a 90 degree angle, then hold for for 10 - 60 seconds; we did 3 reps increasing the time each set
    • a standing bending sideways exercise with weights -- you stand up straight & hold a small weight in your hand, the bend sideways lowering the weight to you knee or calf (depending on how far you can comfortably go). You do 10 reps, switch sides, then do 3 sets. It seemed so easy while we were doing them but oooh my obliques hurt for 2 days!
    • These sit up like things -- You sit with your knees bent in front of you, feet flat on the floor. You lean back 45 degrees so you are half way to the floor, then you twist from side to side, preferably holding a weight. I need a partner stabilizing my feet for this.
    Great exercising for your core, but you can't spot reduce any part of the body by targeting it with exercise. That's not how fat loss works.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png