ladies, what was your weirdest pregnant craving.

Options
lenoresdream
lenoresdream Posts: 522 Member
(men you can answer for your wives)

My friend is pregnant with twins and she's craving hot wings and ice cream...like in the same bowl lol.

What was your weirdest craving?

Replies

• paris458
    paris458 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I like lemons and brownies. I always had to have a brownie after I was 6 months pregnant. I still like brownies of course but I couldnt eat lemons after my son was born. I used to just peel and eat them like oranges.
  • lenoresdream
    Options
    paris458 wrote: »
    I like lemons and brownies. I always had to have a brownie after I was 6 months pregnant. I still like brownies of course but I couldnt eat lemons after my son was born. I used to just peel and eat them like oranges.
    My teeth hurt just reading that lol!

• DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    My Mother ate loaves of white bread & canned mushrooms, when she was pregnant; with me. So naturally 1 of my favorite foods, is breaded mushrooms! With 1 of my brothers, she ate hoagies & of course my brother, can't even have a cheese steak; without it also being a hoagie!
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I only had cravings during 1 of my 4 pregnancies. With my 2nd I couldn't get enough strawberry banana yogurt. I remember it being just the best food ever. Other than that, I ate a lot of mashed potatoes with butter. It was the only food that seemed to calm my ever-present nausea. So, nothing actually weird for me.
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    I craved apples and oranges... Once sat down and ate an entire 5 pound bag in one sitting!! Oh, and celery!
  • xEmmaReynoldsx
    xEmmaReynoldsx Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This one is a very weird one but I really needed the smell of a new sponge lol told ya it was a weird one :-P
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    4 swallows of a Pepsi....am more of a diet coke gal. lol. So? Well, the hubs had to drive 30min to get the pepsi out of the fountain cuz a can wouldn't do. Had my 4 swallows, didn't drink any more of it.

he was really, really disappointed. lol.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    ive never been pregnant but this is the cutest thread

reminds me of period cravings

also my mom craved french fries constantly when i was in utero , they had to be mcdonalds ones tho & she had to get them to give her a side of big mac sauce to dip them in
  • Thisnameischosen_
    Thisnameischosen_ Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Raspberries. Only weird because I didn't like them until I was pregnant, then I started eating a box of them a day.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    I ate crates of Clementine oranges. And I wanted subs with lots of onions and I had rice pudding like every day.
  • kellkee16
    kellkee16 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Corn and a1 sauce like as a meal. I haven't had a1 since then!!!! Lol!
  • megemrj
    megemrj Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    With my 1st and 2nd pregnancies I craved mushroom & swiss burgers from Hardees. at the time they didn't carry them all the time but only certain parts of the year. I actually called their corporate office to find out when and where they would be releasing them. Once while on a trip I found them, and bought like 6 of them hoping to freeze them for later but they never made it home :(

1st pregnancy: cotton candy fresh spun from the fair, which I never got. Yeast donuts, glazed.

2nd pregnancy: old powdered sugar & A&W root beer. I had so much of these two the hubs actually asked my dr if I was okay. He said as long as I wasn't diabetic and brushed my teeth, eat away! Yeast rolls from Logan's roadhouse.
  • lenoresdream
    Options
    These replies are great! Thank you ladies! :D
  • 7elizamae
    7elizamae Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    First baby I could not get enough steak. We had grilled steak for dinner night after night. My husband was thrilled!

Second baby, I had a seriously intense craving for tofu! I especially wanted it in a particular tofu/green bean/ cherry tomato salad. My husband was not thrilled. :)

Also, both pregnancies I just loved pickled ginger during the first trimester when I felt so yucky. Kept a little dish of it on my desk at work every day.
  • happydance1978
    happydance1978 Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    My first one I craved to Stites dipped in canned spaghetti! I know right. And my oldest loves spaghetti tacos lol my second I craved fruit smoothies...mainly Jugo Juice Pomegranate protein. I worked across from it and had one every break lol got so sick of it that my craving turned into gourmet cupcakes...my seconds nice name is cupcake lol
  • Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I craved tater tots and a blended coke floats from sonic. Had both almost daily.
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    For a couple of weeks it was bleu cheese on everything in any form. The other weird one was butter spread on chessmen butter cookies.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    I don't think I craved any food in particular. I did crave sex all the time though. It was the horniest time ever, must've been the hormones or something. Sorry isn't it TMI Tuesday? Carry on.
  • bluestarlight19
    bluestarlight19 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Lemonade. Could not drink enough of it. Even better if it was in a icee or slushy form.
  • mysticatgal1
    mysticatgal1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    taco bell with my first. my second actually had me repulsed by food without any nausea, I had trouble getting to the minimum weight gain acceptable.