Bloated after carbs

Options
BlackFlags2
BlackFlags2 Posts: 13 Member
edited July 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Today for lunch I did have some bread so my stomach is bloated and I need to lose some weight. I hope my stomach will look better in a few days.

[Picutre removed by mfp mod]

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    It's just water retention. Same thing happens to me if I eat a lot of sugar.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    Why don't men ever get bloated. Is this a fad these days? :o

?? Men do get bloated. Probably not as much as women because they have different hormones.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    My waist measurement is bigger after eating but that's all food because food and food babies. It's not bloating as such, just food in my tummy.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Looks like how someone would look when sitting down. Pretty sure most people have some pudge while sitting.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options

?? Men do get bloated. Probably not as much as women because they have different hormones.

But what do hormones have to do with getting bloated from eating bread? Serious question - I am confused. And she does not look bloated.

I can't see the picture, but would need a pic of non-bloating vs. bloating to compare anyway. I'm not really sure how hormones cause bloating but if years of PMS hadn't already convinced me, as a recently post menopausal woman I am 100% certain that they do.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Changing levels of estrogen and progesterone can, indeed, cause water retention. Carbs can cause you to bloat too. I've seen/heard plenty of men comment on it so I don't think it's only women talking about it :)

But I also agree that the above may be due to normal food in the stomach or just normal sitting down. We are not pieces of wood that break/bend at sharp angles. We're soft beings (even when really muscular) and there's bound to be some folding/bending when sitting down.
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Interesting 1st post
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options

But what do hormones have to do with getting bloated from eating bread? Serious question - I am confused. And she does not look bloated.

I can't see the picture, but would need a pic of non-bloating vs. bloating to compare anyway. I'm not really sure how hormones cause bloating but if years of PMS hadn't already convinced me, as a recently post menopausal woman I am 100% certain that they do.

Ya, I'd want a non-bloating picture in the same position after a similar calorie meal for comparison.
  • TrailNurse
    TrailNurse Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    So don't eat carbs that make you bloat.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Damn devil carbs....
  • Tricia7188
    Tricia7188 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    synacious wrote: »
    "Oh my God, you don't look bloated at ALL! Your body looks so good! You have all the boobs! I wish I had a boob like you. How you get boob like that?"

1ie7ft.jpg

Are we done here? I mean, it's not even Friday yet.

This is amazing.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Ya, I'd want a non-bloating picture in the same position after a similar calorie meal for comparison.

Is this what you have in mind?

QLPLrvzvH0SNW.gif