Goal weight?

Options
So, I'm nearing my goal weight. I started at 160 pounds and I set my goal to 125, I am now 133 but I think I want to lower my goal weight to 120 or 115. (I'm 5'6 btw) I'm not sure which one. :/

Replies

• lucylorelei
    lucylorelei Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Seems low to me, because I'm 5'4'' and my goal is 135. BUT everyone is so different. If you are eating healthfully, exercising regularly and you feel good and can maintain the new goal, I say try it. If you get there and it's not sustainable without making you crazy, you should know it!
  • 1smemae94
    1smemae94 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Well once you get to 125 see if youre happy. Once you get there you might end up being happy at that weight, or just think you needto lose the next 5 pounds. 118 pounds is the lowest you should go to be in a healthy BMI range.
  • cameralinds
    cameralinds Posts: 239
    Options
    You are at a healthy weight for your height. Do you feel confident or happy with where you are right now? Do you feel accomplished? What are some of the reasons why you feel like you want to lower your gw? Losing weight is good, but sometimes it can just get out of hand...
  • fabi8081
    fabi8081 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I think you should wait till you hit your goal. See how you look/feel and make that decision when you get there.
  • vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4". My goal weight is 120#. I have been that weight before and it works well for my frame. I have also been 117# as an adult. At this weight my hip bones and collar bone stick out -- too skinny. When you get into these lower weights, every single pound makes a huge difference.
  • mickie_on_my_way
    mickie_on_my_way Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    What is your build? I'm 5'6", and I don't see 120 or 115 ANYWHERE in my future. I was around 135 when I got married, and that was just perfect for me; my goal weight is 140. 135 was 18 years ago. (I looked at your pictures and I think you're a lot younger than me, LOL; that makes a difference!)

I noticed we're "neighbors" - I live in Arab!

Looks like you've done great! Good luck with whatever goal you decide!
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    What lucylorelei said. Ditto. There's no magic number or magic formula. Some people naturally have a more muscular or larger-boned build so they'll be healthiest at a higher weight than someone who's wiry or delicate. You're the best one to judge that. And, by the way, congratulations!
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    My daughter is 26 years old and 5' 6" she weighs 120 to 126 and looks very fit and great in a bikini. She weighed 118- 120 in high school , she has been is doing p90x for about a year and is carring a lot of muscle. Don't get hunge up on the numbers start making muscle so you get stronger, small and can eat more food!
  • kelseyt17
    kelseyt17 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    @cameralinds
    I defiantly feel much better about myself, though i wouldn't say I'm completely confident. I just feel that I won't be happy once I hit my goal weight. Just wanted to know what other peoples goal was.

@bamateacher89
    Rolltide! lol I am pretty thin in my waist and upper body but I seem to have A LOT of trouble losing weight in my thighs and butt area. And after losing 27 pounds it doesn't seem to have made a huge difference in that area. I also build muscle very easily which I don't like... In my pictures I was actually around 145 I believe.

Anyways I guess I'll just get to my original goal weight and go from here, I just like to have a set number. I seems to keep me on track better.
  • catecn
    catecn Posts: 84
    Options
    well, i think it depends on how much muscle you have put on. If you are doing a fair amount of weights, then id pick the higher number, otherwise you might make yourself sick
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I would say take it 5 pounds at a time. I was sure that 125 was my goal but I am there right now and it's not. I will go down to 120 and see how I feel. (I am 5 foot tall) We have to come to a point where the goal is not to lose weight but to tone up. Good luck
  • LaJauna
    LaJauna Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    @cameralinds
    I defiantly feel much better about myself, though i wouldn't say I'm completely confident. I just feel that I won't be happy once I hit my goal weight. Just wanted to know what other peoples goal was.

@bamateacher89
    Rolltide! lol I am pretty thin in my waist and upper body but I seem to have A LOT of trouble losing weight in my thighs and butt area. And after losing 27 pounds it doesn't seem to have made a huge difference in that area. I also build muscle very easily which I don't like... In my pictures I was actually around 145 I believe.

Anyways I guess I'll just get to my original goal weight and go from here, I just like to have a set number. I seems to keep me on track better.

Happiness is not a number on a scale. It is the feeling of being satisfied with a job well done and treating yourself with kindness and goodness. Eating a healthy diet and moving your body is your new lifestyle and as you start to reach your goals, enjoy them and live with them for a month or more while maintaining that weight. If you still feel like you need to move down a couple more pounds or sizes, then do it with a tweak in your diet without starving yourself or beating yourself up at the gym. Your goal weight should be something that is easy to maintain and doesn't rely on your being obsessed over every bite that you put in your mouth.
  • azingale
    azingale Posts: 74
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and when I'm under 110, my immune system stops working and I catch every virus around. Just throwing that out there... If you're 5'6, 115 seems low.