I'm not okay...

Options
I have post pardom. And my depression has just become insanely worse since I had my baby. I feel terrible all the time. I can't eat anything hardly. And I'm afraid of losing weight too fast and gaining it all back... or just something bad happening. I hate how I look and idk. What have you guys done that help you out? I'm at a loss right now.

Replies

• ElleAnn0714
    ElleAnn0714 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Please talk to your dr, i know hard it is after you have a baby and it wont go away without help. You need to be able to take care of yourself and your baby, then you can focus on dieting.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    What you are going through is related to the chemicals/hormones in your body. You need to see a doctor to help correct the imbalance.
  • JaneSnowe
    JaneSnowe Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Yes, please see a doctor. You deserve to feel better. <3

In the meantime, try some of these resources:

http://www.1800ppdmoms.org/
    http://www.postpartum.net/get-help/
    http://www.postpartum-depression.net/Pecindman.com/Resources_for_Perinatal_Depression_Anxiety.html
    http://www.womenshealth.gov/mental-health/hotlines/

There are phone numbers in those links if you want to talk to someone.

It can get better.
  • Kiekie007
    Kiekie007 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    It was really good of you to reach out. You are not alone in this. Reach out to your doctor and ask for supports in your area.
  • FitnessGirl11mfp
    FitnessGirl11mfp Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hi hun. I'm sorry you're going through this. Post partum is a b****. I went thru it after my son was born. Just please know that there is nothing to be ashamed of, and it in no way makes you any less of a person or mother. Not saying that's how you're feeling, but it is my experience. I found a medication that helps and i am able to enjoy my son now. Talk to your doctor and a counselor. You may need medication to help. It DOES get better! Congrats on the little bundle of joy!
  • thinsnice
    thinsnice Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You need to start taking medication because it's due to a chemical imbalance. Meds will provide relief of those symptoms, and then counseling goes hand in hand with that to help you deal with the issues that are contributing to depression. It's important to take the med everyday because it takes weeks to a few months for the med to have the full effect. So you will feel better and better until then. The reason we often start treatment with meds/counseling is because we realize that we don't want our depression to affect our parenting and our children. Have you ever had treatment in the past? Also exercise helps because it boosts the neurotransmitters in our brain that are lacking with PPD. My counselor once said that for anyone who has anxiety and or depression, exercise is a must. I am a nurse that works with moms and babies postpartum by the way.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Please see a Dr.
  • iamgunz
    iamgunz Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Everyone has given great advice here. I would just like to add one or two points. Try to make your husband understand your situation, his love and care will make a lot of difference. Plus start watching some funny videos, if you will laugh once a day watching something funny, may be a serial of your choice, it will break the cycle of depression for that moment and you will surely feel better,

Do visit a doc soon. I have been through this so I know!! how tough it can get. Take care
  • minniemoo1972
    minniemoo1972 Posts: 295 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    iamgunz wrote: »
    Everyone has given great advice here. I would just like to add one or two points. Try to make your husband understand your situation, his love and care will make a lot of difference. Plus start watching some funny videos, if you will laugh once a day watching something funny, may be a serial of your choice, it will break the cycle of depression for that moment and you will surely feel better,

Do visit a doc soon. I have been through this so I know!! how tough it can get. Take care

Have you ever had clinical depression? I wish it was as simple as to Watch funny videos......when you are deep in its grip you don't feel.....anything....you're a walking emotional zombie.....

Go see your doctor for medication it's an imbalance and nothing to be ashamed of.
  • artzymummy
    artzymummy Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I went undiagnosed with my first son, got pregnant fairly quickly and had a breakdown while pregnant with my second son. It is scary, it is hard and there are people out there trained to help you so let them.

If your husband is the supportive type, then let him into what you're thinking and how you're feeling. If he isn't, don't let him make you feel like you are broken (you are not) or less of a mother (again not true). There are a lot of us out there. You are not alone.