Meal Plans

Can anyone offer any meal plans they used or currently using that has helped them be successful in losing weight? I feel I'm all over the place.

Replies

• candacem1991
    candacem1991 Posts: 19 Member
    ttjones215 wrote: »
    Can anyone offer any meal plans they used or currently using that has helped them be successful in losing weight? I feel I'm all over the place.

I didn't follow a certain meal plan but simply counted calories to lose 65lbs. I know it can be overwhelming when you first start but if you put in your info on myfitnesspal it will calculate the calories you should consume daily. Once you start and get the hang of it I promise it gets easier. If you need any support feel free to add me as a friend :smiley:
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,241 Member
    I know some people do better with structured diets. How much do you have to lose? If it is more than 5lbs then it will take months (or years). Weight loss is a very slow journey. Are you sure you want to follow a meal plan for that long?
    I'm not a frequent visitor to the Recipes forum here but there should be some great ideas for low calorie filling meals there.
    My advice is start logging what you currently eat and see where you can make changes as you go. See what you want to add or remove. Don't try to be perfect at once. It takes time to learn new habits and lifestyle. Most important thing is you have to eat food you really like or otherwise you'll quit too soon.
  • ttjones215
    ttjones215 Posts: 17 Member
    Thanks so much for the advice. I'm looking to lose about 30 lbs and I think that's my biggest struggle being unrealistic. I just need to slow down & pace myself. Take it one day at a time. I'll just keep logging into MFP
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,241 Member
    I started this February with 35lbs to lose. I've lost 20 of them so far at around 1lbs a week. Most days I feel completely satisfied with the amount of food I eat (I exclude weird crave days around TOM or such). I don't have any problem continuing to do like this for as long as it takes because it is not a strain or torture for me.

If you're just starting my most important advice is to have in mind that weight fluctuates a lot. Especially with women. So if you start seeing unexpected ups or stand stills of your weight, don't quit! If you're eating around your calorie goal you have nothing to worry about. For example I only lose my weight 3 or 4 times a month. All the other days my weight either doesn't move or it goes up (water retention). So sometimes I have a period of 10 days or so with weight slowly creeping up but on the 11th day it goes down 2-3 lbs in a whoosh. So don't panic, just be patient :)