Well this is annoying

Options
I'm finally gaining a bit of weight (which is what I want), but I'm also breaking out. :(

Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to stop eating or anything because of it, It's just super annoying. My face was clear for the first time in my life before I started gaining weight. Blehhh

Replies

• bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Well I can't see your diary, but your profile says that you are going to add in an exercise profile eventually... if you want to gain weight and you don't want it to be all fat, you need to exercise... which means a lot of calories, but your body will thank you for it.

I would probably guess that some of your food choices are fatty or greasy, and that could be causing the breakout.

Good luck with the weight journey and with your skin!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    That is annoying! Well done for working on a healthy diet. Hang in there and it will settle down.
    It's probably either hormonal, weather changes or your body reacting to different foods.
    Drink plenty of water, lots of fresh fruit and veggies and keep up the good work!
  • lindsschou
    lindsschou Posts: 24
    Options
    mine starts every time I don't drink enough water
  • Birdlandia
    Birdlandia Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I actually have been eating pretty healthy these past two weeks. The first half of this past month, I admit, I was eating a bit more fatty foods to try and get some calories in...

However now I've been able to eat a lot more during meals and so my junk food consumption has cut down significantly. I have maybe two snacks throughout the day now. I've always had a problem with acne...
  • Birdlandia
    Options
    That is annoying! Well done for working on a healthy diet. Hang in there and it will settle down.
    It's probably either hormonal, weather changes or your body reacting to different foods.
    Drink plenty of water, lots of fresh fruit and veggies and keep up the good work!

I'll try and drink more water, hopefully that will clear things up!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you're doing everything right. Hang in there and it should settle down. If not, go and see a doc and see if they can help it is a long term issue.
  • Birdlandia
    Options
    It sounds like you're doing everything right. Hang in there and it should settle down. If not, go and see a doc and see if they can help it is a long term issue.

I already see a dermatologist reguarly, so I guess it's just my body adjusting to the new foods? :P

Maybe I need a different type a medicine now that my diet has changed, I don't know. Hopefully things will straighten themselves out! I guess the silver lining is that I'm FINALLY on my way to a healthy weight. :)