trying again

Options
Signed up 2 weeks ago, haven't even looked at anything since. The family all together today....ate way too much. Tried everything - gained and lost, gained and lost. Feels pretty hopeless, like this is a long shot. Reading posts to get motivated to have a fresh start in the morning.

Replies

• Casey5456
    Casey5456 Posts: 1
    Options
    'Ditto' on everything you said. I'm a 53 y/o female who feels like she's taking her final stab at losing the 20 lbs she 'claims' she wants to lose.
  • rhodes2b
    rhodes2b Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    It isn't hopeless. If I can do it, so can you.

I jumped off the wagon this weekend. Lets get right back on tomorrow morning. Tuesday is a new day.

Are you with me?! Just imagine me screaming that through a bullhorn :)

Feel free to add me if you want a MFP buddy.
  • mcheneyville
    Options
    appreciate the encouragement, i really do. ok. yes. tuesday is a new day. keep screaming!
  • wwhite94
    wwhite94 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Dont beat yourselves up it was a holiday weekend a time to spend with family and have fun,,, so we blew it for a day or two its not going to kill us we wake up in the morning and start over. we can do this. :happy:
  • kuarta
    kuarta Posts: 65
    Options
    MYF is great and effective!!! But only if you have really decided in your soul of souls that you want to lose the weight/get fit. If you have made that decision, you are in the right place. I have started and stopped so many diets and I can tell you, MFP works!! It is forever life changing.

Feel free to add me if you need motivation.
  • mcheneyville
    Options
    wow you guys. i really feel like i've hooked up with help! thanks so much. getting fired up for the new day...
  • jenniferdurno
    jenniferdurno Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat I signed up a while ago and was pretty successful for a bit. Then I just got lazy. I need help and encouragement. I get support from my friend who also uses this program and my husband is wonderful. I just need to do it! I do not know how many times I have said "Tomorrow starts a new me..." and then it didn't. I am going to take it one day at a time. Anyone who wants to help encourage or needs some encouragement themselves, feel free to friend me! We all need some supportive words sometimes!!
  • Marcieb21
    Marcieb21 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I feel like I can never reach my goal all of the time, but I stick with it and see some results and I feel better, the hopelessness always get me though. You can do this, but it won't be easy.
  • 67chevelleSS
    67chevelleSS Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! Signed up almost a month ago, was almost always under my calorie count, but when I thought about it, I was eating alot healthier, but still eating McD, pizza, etc, but staying below the max, lost 6 to 8 pounds, but then got lazy, disenchanted, whatever you call it, ended up taking all the friends I had on here off, kinda lost interest in the rah rah! But this is a new month, a new day, so I am putting the wheels back on the bus and starting over tomorrow, cuz, if I dont, there may not be a tomorrow!!
  • fabi8081
    fabi8081 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I read a lot of the success stories and looked at the pictures thats what got me motivated. Hang in there take it one day at a time.
    You have to start someday.
  • Elena175
    Elena175 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello everyone. I actually found this app in the blackberry app store and had it on my phone for the longest time. I decided to check it out before I erased it and decided to keep it. I realized I need this site to keep me on track. I know that I have to try something completely different this time, what I did before never really worked.
    Well, that's why and how I'm here in a nutshell. Hope to chat with some of you one day.

P.S. The way I figure it: take it one day at a time and don't worry about what's going to happen next week or month. This way you concentrate more on whats going on this day and how you can make it better.
  • mcheneyville
    Options
    great quote from aristotle. put it where i will see it every day. thanks.
  • mcheneyville
    Options
    i downloaded the mfp app to my blackberry, as well. thought it might help to be able to track on the go.