Finally a Runner!

Options
Stenobun
Stenobun Posts: 166 Member
See this photo of me? I took this last Saturday, after I ran THE FIRST MILE OF MY ENTIRE LIFE. My husband ran it with me, and when the C25K app told us we had completed our 20 minute run, we hugged and high-fived. It was one of the most awesome moments of my life. I'm turning 40 in two weeks. I couldn't run a mile when I was less than half this age. I couldn't even come close. This was a big deal for me. After losing 70 pounds, I feel like I can do anything, even lose the 40 I have left and finally reach my goal.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    High five!!!!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! keep at it!
  • sjguevara23
    sjguevara23 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Keep up the hard work!!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Nice job!
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! C25K is how I got started running as well. I cried when I finished that first mile without stopping. It led to a lot of running "firsts"--most recently my first half marathon. Looking forward to hearing more about your great work!
  • soph268
    soph268 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    This is so awesome! Keep up the great work! :)
  • SashEdwards
    SashEdwards Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! Congrats, and here's to many more!!! ;)
  • Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • jencook1969
    jencook1969 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! Planning on starting c25k tomorrow!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Woop! Well done!
  • RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You're glowing!
  • elsavel
    elsavel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So happy for you! I remember this moment well.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Super! I know the feeling as I did the same thing in April at age 60! How great that hubby did it with you.
  • agzram
    agzram Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I remember dreading the week that had the 20 minute run....I think I repeated the week before it three times stalling myself.....internal convo went something like this

Head-"There's no way in heck you can run for 20 minutes without stopping Body"
    Body-"We can't repeat week 5 forever Head"
    Head-"OK give it a shot but you can't do it Body you're old and fat! I'm going to laugh at you when you fail"
    Body (before run)-"Let's get this butt kicking over with"
    Head (during run)-"Holy Crap what are we doing?"
    Body (during run)- "Ouchy but I'm flipping doing it!" (looking at timer for millionth time)
    Body (after run)-"You're dead Head I can do anything!! I just ran for 20 minutes IN A ROW!!!

Now I look forward to 4 runs a week!!! Never in a million years!!! Keep up the awesome work!!
  • GetFit_Bre
    GetFit_Bre Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Hard work can pay off
  • Heirgreat
    Heirgreat Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Congrats- I did c25k and loved it- ran mud run 5k and obstacle course with my sons last weekend- they were impress-you will be a graduate soon! I liked the app so much- working on the 5k to 10k app- I'll see- congrats again great job
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!