Favorite On-track Foods

Options
jm216
jm216 Posts: 3,786 Member
What are your go-to on-track meals for Breakfast lunch and dinner?

Replies

• calleefrances
    calleefrances Posts: 19 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I love protein shakes in the morning! I load them up with yummy fruit, and use water instead of milk to help with calories and my water intake. My favorite right now is Chocolate&Greens Vega Protein, with 1/2 cup each of pineapple and strawberries, and 1 banana when I feel like something warm I have an omelet loaded with veggies or sugar free oatmeal.

Lunches I try to make higher in protein and fiber (sometimes a moderate carb...like thin sandwich bread or leftover pasta/stirfry) though I guess it is best to get your carbs out of the way earlier in the day. I love salads with added protein like chicken, tuna, or chick peas (so yummy) sometimes ill bring some hummus and whole wheat pita.

For supper - I try not to have a carb heavy supper because it's the latest meal, but every now and then that's just where they end up! I for supper I look up a delicious recipe for a protein (chicken, turkey, fish) I make all my own seasonings and sauces because it is much healthier than store bought ones (saves you calories, fat and sodium) and I load up with veggies - I love to steam or grill my veggies! sometimes if I am bored of veggies, I add garlic!
  • Gosser
    Gosser Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I have no breakfast as my fast is from 8pm to 12 noon each day (16 hours).
    Lunch is a baked sweet potato with cottage cheese or salad with avocado or leftover dinner or vegetable soup
    Dinner is the same as lunch but also could be fish curry with steamed veg, GF pasta with prawns in a spicy tomato sauce, vegan chili with tortilla chips, sweet and sour butterbeans with steamed vegetables, tofu in spicy sauce with stir-fried veg.
    Snacks are fruit, nuts, soya yoghurt, raw veg
    If I want it I have chocolate or ice cream or crisps but they are within my calorie count.
    Nothing is off limits to me (except the foods I can't eat because of intolerance)
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Ezekial bread w/peanut butter, hard boiled egg, protein shake + banana
    Lunch: large mixed salad with seeds/nuts, 4 oz chicken + apple
    Dinner: 4oz meat/fish/chicken, veggies (broccoli, green bean, asparagus) + black beans or quinoa
  • jm216
    Options
    My breakfast go to is 2 fried eggs on lightly buttered wheat toast and decaf coffee.
  • queenofpuppies
    queenofpuppies Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    breakfast: greek yogurt
    Lunch: big salad with lots of protein
    Dinner: Squash! I love squash! Spaghetti squash, acorn squash, butternut squash, yellow squash YUM!
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I don't really like breakfast so it varies,

My favorite lunches are mainly salads with protein. Romaine, chopped cucumbers, bacon pieces, strawberries, walnuts, bleu cheese crumbles topped with Chipotle Ranch is my current favorite. I also like the Blackened Bleu Grilled Chicken Salad at Zaxby's, the Farmhouse Turkey Bacon Ranch one at Arby's.

Dinners, we have tried several recipes (successfully lately) that are on a current rotation, Pizza Topping Casserole for me and Pizza for my sons, Beef Stir Fry, Caprese Chicken, Chicken Dijonaise, Steak Fajitas, Caramelized Onion and Bacon Smothered Pork Chops, and Cashew Chicken. I always have veggies either in the recipe or as a side, plus rice or pasta for my sons on some of the dishes. Except Friday nights, that is Sub Sandwich night as the local grocery store has them on sale for $4.99 per foot long. Always on the look out for more recipes.
  • jm216
    Options
    I'm always looking for new ideas...and appreciate all of your responses! Keep them coming.