Anyone lose 10 pounds & NOT notice a difference in their clo

Options
I'm a little disappointed...although I see some results already, my pants are still fitting the exact same :( And they were not too tight to begin with...I tend to carry all of my weight in my belly, so I'm hoping once I start the 30DS, it will help with that area.

Replies

• jpeebs88
    jpeebs88 Posts: 81
    Options
    I've lost 36lbs and have only dropped one pants size.
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    It took me until I had lost about 40 pounds to start noticing the difference in some of my pants.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    It took me 30 pounds to lose 1 pants size, then 27-29 pounds for the next pants size1
  • Marcieb21
    Marcieb21 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen any tremendous change in my size yet, I still fit in the same clothes, and the same clothes still don't fit me. My biggest goal is to get rid of my love handles. I hate them.
  • Soulshine_Girl
    Soulshine_Girl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Like you, much of my weight is around the middle so @ 10 pounds, don't notice anything extreme unfortunately.
  • ezekiel_nf
    Options
    I think its just dependent on the person. I personally have lost about 42 pounds and I dropped from a size 18 to a size 9
    I don't carry the weight on my tummy, i carry mine on my hips.

You could always try adding in core exercises with your regular exercise :3. I personally lost all the weight from eating better, counting calories, and switching between treadmill and elliptical

Just keep going! It may not seem like a lot now but in the long run you'll see the difference<3
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I lost my first ten pounds from my face and legs. Yeah, that was a little frustrating. Keep at it, it will start to come off other places, too.
  • kimberlyAjohnson
    kimberlyAjohnson Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    It took me 20 pounds before I ever dropped a pant size.
  • aladd2
    aladd2 Posts: 70
    Options
    I've lost 45 pounds and haven't really dropped any sizes. I can still wear the same clothes and they're a lot looser.
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Took me 63 lbs before anyone noticed and my buddy didn't notice until I lost 78 lbs. Mom hasn't said anything LOL.
  • ItsLessOfMe
    ItsLessOfMe Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Please dont get discouraged. The scale and our clothes dont tell the whole story, You've learned things that you will use for a lifetime. And now you know if you can loose 10 you can keep going until your goal. Nothing can stop you. Remember that the weight will come off and you will get not just smaller clothes but a new life.

Also I started at about a size 20 and I now wear a 12....hoping to get to a 10 by my goal but if not I'm content. My belly is my problem area...I'm just an apple
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I agree with the rest of these folks! It's taken me awhile to lose pant sizes. I carry mine in my tummy & it make me sick. :-p But it's slowly coming off... hang in there!
  • lcnelson
    lcnelson Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I noticed a big difference between exercising and not. My first 10 pounds were just from eating healthy. The next 10 I had started walking/running and could easily tell a difference in my clothes. Everyone is probably different, but I can't ignore the results!
    Good luck and hang in there!
  • Kimber1012001
    Kimber1012001 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Like the others have said, it depends unfortunately where you store it but 'they' (don't we love 'THEM') say on average 1 size = 20lbs, that might explain ure situation :(
    Depressing, I know!!!! lol Keep it up though, eventually the denser muscle you will gain will work in your favor!! :)
  • fabi8081
    fabi8081 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I've gone down 1 shirt size or two but my pant size is the same. I've lost 13 pounds so far. I have noticed a difference in the way my pants fit but still wear the same size.
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I've lost 20 pounds... and my clothes just fit a lot better than they use to. A little looser...
  • SandyEdge
    SandyEdge Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Ive lost about 12 pounds and it has come off my chest area and love handles.
    My face has trimmed up alot too.

It seems there is a bit further to go until I can fit into some of my target shirts !
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I didn't notice a change in the first 10 I lost. But to be honest, I didn't notice when I gained those ten pounds, either.

I started really noticing a change around 15 pounds. By 20 pounds, my pants were falling off. Now at 28 pounds, the shorts I bought about five pounds ago are loose. The closer you get to your goal, the more of a difference each pound will make.
  • kathrynthomas5
    Options
    Have fun with the 30DS. You will definately notice a difference after that. I have just completed the month and I have lost half and inch off my tummy, hips and thigh and a quarter inch off my calf. Well worth the effort.
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I didn't feel any difference at all at 10lbs. I still felt just as big. I thought it was a big victory when I saw the scale, but didn't feel any different physically. ... But that's because we see ourselves every day in the mirror, we wont notice the different at only 10lbs.

I took a before picture when i started, just spandex pants & a sports bra. Every 10lbs I take a picture. When I look at the 2 pictures side by side, I can see the difference. A big difference! And I also looked at a pictures of my face then, and now. HUGE difference!

It's okay that you don't notice right now. We see ourselves every day so it's hard to notice the difference. =)