How do I switch the format of my diary?

Options
Jimmylail
Jimmylail Posts: 5 Member
I've seen others have their diary set up as a Meal 1, Meal 2, ect. instead of the breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks format. I have tried just about everything, or so I believe, to set mine up in this format but to no avail. Anyone have some insight on this..?

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Are you doing this on an app or the Web site ?
  • Jimmylail
    Options
    On the app... I don't think I've ever even checked it out on the website. Is there a way to do it from there?
  • jvanessa89
    jvanessa89 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    It's under settings and then "diary settings". It has an option on there for editing meal names. :)
  • Jimmylail
    Options
    Is this something that I'm able to do on the online version? I have the most updated app and under diary settings all I have is this: Show all meals diary tab, Use Multi-Add by default, Show diary food insights, Default search tabs, and Diary sharing...
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Web site is where you need to be - www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings
  • Jimmylail
    Options
    Awesome!! Thanks guys!! Pulling this up in the browser never even occurred to me.. Lol.
  • angeleyes4643
    angeleyes4643 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I've done the same thing. I have mine set to Veggies/Fruit, Breads/Cereals, Protein/Dairy, Junk and Vitamins. It works much better for me so I can make sure I'm filling up on veggies and not breads.
  • srv1955
    srv1955 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    how can I get my app diary to show online?
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,902 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Be aware that if you do go to change your category names later, it may delete all your earlier entries under the original category.

I’d like to change one of my categories but don’t want to mess up my historical diary days because, believe it or not, I do refer back a year or two sometimes, to compare what I was doing or not doing during periods of gain/loss.

So make sure you’re happy with your category delineation and titles before committing.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,338 Member
    Options
    Jimmylail wrote: »
    Awesome!! Thanks guys!!

I made mine by time.

Wake until -11 a.m.
    11-4p.m.
    4:00 p.m. until -bed.

And I added a forth category "alcohol".