60 Days Down, Small Goal Achieved!

Options
cchapa08
cchapa08 Posts: 20 Member
60 days ago to the day, I embarked on a new journey. This journey was for me to not only lose weight but for so much more. I am becoming healthy, active, fit and most importantly...happy. My goal was to lose 30 lbs in 60 days before I went on a trip to Florida. I leave for that trip tonight and I can happily say that I have reached that goal (-30.2 lbs) and I am proud of that. It hasn't been easy and it will only get harder, but I am finally doing this. This is something I have tried and failed so many times...not this time. This is a life change. I am going to celebrate for a week and may gain a lb or two on my vacation, but ah well. I can lose it when I am back. These side by side photos show the difference so far. The only place I have seen much change is in the face....but notice this. My smile. I am happier. I feel like I look so much better just because my smile is genuine. Happiness is worth this battle!

rqem3oq1r71l.jpg

Replies

• juliegilburd
    juliegilburd Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    AWESOME job, keep up the great work, and enjoy your vacation!! There is definitely a difference in the face!
  • cchapa08
    Options
    Thank you very much @juliegilburd :)
  • Ty_Floyd
    Ty_Floyd Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Great work. Definitely see the difference. I expect you'll be getting all kinds of questions about how and what and how much and how much more...
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Good work so far!
  • lisahebert186
    lisahebert186 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Have a great vacation.
  • cchapa08
    Options
    Thank you @RoseTheWarrior and @lisahebert186 ! I appreciate it!
  • shamara1925
    shamara1925 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Looking good!!
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    killer job! it shows that your hard work has payed off! Would love to add you as a friend, as I'm only into my first month and love motivating others and getting motivation myself!
  • TBird135
    TBird135 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You look great!
  • cchapa08
    Options
    Thank you very much @shamara1925

@kittygonzalez3511 , feel free to add me! I would be glad to have you as a MFP friend and good luck in your journey!

@TBird135 - Thank you so much! :) All of this encouragement is so nice!
  • DeviatedNorm
    DeviatedNorm Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    That was not a small goal at all! Great job on meeting this goal, have a fantastic time on your vacation and we'll be waiting for your return!
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Excellent work!! I am so glad that you are happy because that is what counts the most!! Keep it up-you will hit your goal :)
  • juanitagardner07
    juanitagardner07 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You look great!! Keep up the good work and enjoy your vacation!!!
  • cchapa08
    Options
    Thanks @DeviatedNorm - I have never really been very active in the MFP community, but all of these responses and support might make me want to become more so involved :)

Thank you so much @smkondy . It is very much appreciated. I will not stop until I do hit it.

Thank you @juanitagardner07 . I will enjoy it!!!
  • valerievaladez
    valerievaladez Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My wellness coach told me if i eat an adequAte amount of protein every day and keep my skin moisturized i will have little to no saggy skin.
    Congratulations!!!
  • cchapa08
    Options
    @valerievaladez - Good tip! I need to moisturize more often. Thank you for that advice!
  • susi819
    susi819 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! Keep it up and enjoy your trip to Florida! ;)
  • msanc095
    msanc095 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    WOW! Great job! You can definitely see the difference in your face. It definitely takes a lot of will power to lose 30lbs in 60 days; keep up the good work!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Willpower + Water = Magic. Nice job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!