My Story M/5'11/180

Options
Mitch291
Mitch291 Posts: 2 Member
I started with my fitness pal in high-school sometime junior year which was about 6 years ago. I was always a little bit of a heavier kid, my mom used to take us out to eat all the time which never helped. I had a lot of self esteem issues throughout high-school, and would even wear a hoodie even if it was eighty degrees outside. When my high-school girlfriend and I broke up half way through senior year, I was probably about 235lbs. I realized I needed to get in shape especially before college otherwise my self esteem issues would really get to me. I started keeping track of what I ate on MFP and had a 1500 calorie a day plan. I was very motivated so I ended up dropping about 70lbs in 6 months and got down to 165. It was an amazing feeling, but unfortunately it was short lived. I got into a new relationship and just kind of let myself go, accompanied with the fact that my dad was terminally ill and the stress was unbearable. About a year ago in January I had talked to my girlfriend about losing weight together and by this time I was at my heaviest which was 265. She was all for it so over the next year, I went back on a 1500 calorie diet and regular exercise. We broke up sometime last summer which fueled me to push myself more and over the last year and a half i've lost about 85lbs. I know frequent the gym at least 3 times a week and do a lot more weight training. I have a little bit of a way to go where I want to be, but MFP has helped me keep track of my progress twice now, and i've successfully lost a lot of weight both times. My self esteem is much better now, and I can't wait to keep it off this time!

Replies

• susi819
    susi819 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • DeviatedNorm
    DeviatedNorm Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    You're doing great!
  • mommazach
    mommazach Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss. What a wonderful success!
  • barryplumber
    barryplumber Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Great feeling isn't it
  • jbatinker
    jbatinker Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Great job - do this for you and no one else!
  • Tisa76
    Tisa76 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Well done, keep it up!
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    you look like Arrow!!! killer job! now you just have to master that work out where he uses the salmon ladder for pulls ups........its insane!!!
  • Mitch291
    Mitch291 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody! So good to here the support as I've never posted on these forums before! Helps me keep going and boosts my self esteem to have such a great community here :)
  • mylifeisbeautiful
    mylifeisbeautiful Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    You are proof it can be done! I think you look fantastic and wish you a lot of success and happiness going forward :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!