NEW HERE... WITH 100+ LBS TO LOSE

Options
Well where to even start...... i guess i'm doing this for myself before i do it for anyone else. But i guess the real reason i decided to get on the ball and start losing weight is because my husband and i would like to have kids one day. And maybe if i start lose the weight and become more healthy then it will motivate him to lose some as well. I feel like this might be a lost cause since no one seems to be very supported. I joined another site and since i had started that sight i lost 7.6 lbs but there was something about this site that caught my eye. I would love to have some friends on this site so we could encourage each other to lose the weight (no one likes to do this alone... at least i dont). I just really dont want to feel like this is a lost cause. I need motivation to exercise so if anyone has any ideas i am more than willing to accept them. 9182155.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I am well on my way to losing my 100+. I agree that this site IS special with lots of support. Welcome on board and you are welcome to add me. Deb
  • fabi8081
    fabi8081 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Start with small things...when you go to the store park far away from the door. When you go to work park far from you clock in.
    Drink lots of water. Seems like not a big deal but I lose the most weight when I've maintained my 8 glasses a day.
    Do lunges or squats when your doing dishes or laundry or brushing your teeth.
  • wwhite94
    wwhite94 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, you will find tons of support here the message boards alone have advice and information to help you along. Dont worry about your husband he may just decide to join you once he sees what a success you are having. Good Luck. Please add me I too have 100 + lbs to go.
  • ladyerin79
    ladyerin79 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have 100+ lbs to lose too. Don't worry, we can do it together! I'll be here for you! :)
  • tfranceen
    tfranceen Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, I started My Fitness Pal in January. On January 1 I weighed 280 pounds. Today I weigh 205 pounds. MFP is great because it holds you accountable for everything you put in your mouth. Try hard to be consistent and realize every day is a new opportunity to succeed. It helps to eat foods that can easily be quantified. Things like hotdishes are harder to determine nutritional value, but it can be done. I would be happy to have you as an MFP friend. Let me know if there is anything I can help with.

Todd
  • rhodes2b
    rhodes2b Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    It is a long journey but it is worth it. Keep up with it!
  • elfranzen
    elfranzen Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Welcome this is a very good site and 99% of the people here are here to help one another. biggest thing is don't set a goal that only someone on the biggest loser would be able to do. 100 pounds will take some time to get rid of. use the forum and ask questions there are all kinds of people here some that are starting out just like you and some that have lost it all and are here to help other people do the same thing. I feel getting someone that you see on a daily bases to join and be your friend is a big help. not logging on for a few days and having a bunch of internet buddies yelling at you is not the same as getting the death stare from someone in person because you haven't been on in a few days. good luck and take it day by day.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,359 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! It does work if you work it. You will only get out of it what you put into it. Feel free to add me for support!
  • sbrouillet
    sbrouillet Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Welcome, you have come to the right place. I too have over 100lbs to lose, have lost 8 total in two weeks time.(since I got serious)

Last year I had lost 30lbs with this website, then I got ill and was not able to get back at real life until this spring. I'm back at it now and I'm already feeling better. Believe in yourself, you can do it and you will do it. Keep checking in frequently to "the boards". It will help greatly.
    Feel free to add me if you'd like.

I know I can, I know I can, I know I can......
  • dkjohnson
    dkjohnson Posts: 41
    Options
    I exercise with friends six evenings a week after work. You have to eat in order to lose. Drink your water. You can add me as a friend. I don't know what I would do without my friends from work; they are very supportative. Good luck! Remember if you have a bad day don't give up just keep on going. I've lost 32 lbs. so far.
  • velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! This is a great place for support and motivation if you are ready and committed to losing weight!! When I started in Feb I had 120 lbs to lose .. I now have 49 to lose which means I have lost 71lbs!
    Your motivation should be that you want to have kids in the future and its much easier to conceive and to run around after them if you are in shape!!

Take one day at a time
    one meal at a time and
    one step at a time!

If you use the tools here on MFP it will help you achieve your goals. It will not do the exercise for you or slap your hand when you eat something youre not supposed to but it will help you figure out what you need nutritionally to lose weight.

Its gonna take some time to lose the weight so resign yourself now to that fact.
    Trying to change all at once is an impossible task and will set you up to fail.

Start by tracking your food and staying within the limits set up for you. If you go over shake it off and do better tomorrow. Be sure to get your water 8-10 8oz glasses a day.. its important for your body.
    get some sort of exercise but start slow. I started with walking to a dvd and taking my dogs for a walk.

There many ways you will find to adjust your goals and the way you do this lifestyle change journey you have decided to embark on. People will tell you "this way is better" or "that way is better"

Find out what works for you and stick with it for a few weeks.

Good luck and friend me if you would like! I can help you with more tips as time goes on and you need some support and motivation!

4925355.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • spinaddict4life
    spinaddict4life Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Welcome and you can do it. DO not think of how much you have to lose all at once! When I hit goal I will have lost 155 pounds. But I had to look at in smal parts. First to just lose 10% then to get to the 210's, below 200, now to 180's. That makes it seem way less scary and hard! You can do it, becuase you are worth it!
  • hazelnutflav
    hazelnutflav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    welcome to mfp, this is a great place to start there is a ton of advice and motivation for everyone weather your new or not, to get you started i would like to say keep a daily food journal, drink your water and ask for help when you need it also try to find 30min of excercise that you can do daily even if its just walking around the block, "you've got to move it to loose it" try not to be to hard on yourself, you can do this and we all are willing to help you along the way.

friend me if you need to always willing to help out :)
  • meparker56
    meparker56 Posts: 36
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You have come to the right site! The support here surpasses anything or anywhere else I have tried! The people here are AMAZING!! You are right in doing this for yourself! Just use this site daily, even if you slip up a little, it helps just logging everything you eat! No one here will judge you, we are all in the same boat! I also have over 100 lbs to lose, and thanks to MFP friends support, I have lost 37 lbs. Their support has been phenomenal! Add me as a friend if you like, I would like to help you on your journey to better health! Good luck! :happy:
  • meparker56
    meparker56 Posts: 36
    Options
    I agree wholeheartedly, spinaddict4life! I started out over 300 lbs, so my first goal was to just get below 300. then my next below the 90's, then 80's and so forth. Makes it seems much more do-able!!
  • aparks1177
    aparks1177 Posts: 63
    Options
    Welcome. I would love to add you as a friend. I too need to lose over 100 lbs and this is my first week also. I think this is a great place to find the support and encouragement I need to succeed. I wish you great success!!!
  • MzMolly
    MzMolly Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I would love to be your friend and help however I can. I have lost 96 pounds and stil have about 30 to go. If I can do it so can you.
  • TheSarahHill
    TheSarahHill Posts: 185
    Options
    See you have lots of messages of support already. Everybody will be here at all times to help eachother but you also need to find the mindset of being able to do it if there wasn't such things as support sites.
    Good luck darlin aim for 2lbs a week although it tales longer to lose it's far easier to keep off! x
  • TheSarahHill
    TheSarahHill Posts: 185
    Options
    I would love to be your friend and help however I can. I have lost 96 pounds and stil have about 30 to go. If I can do it so can you.

Oohhh super! Well done!!
  • ch112803
    ch112803 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You are certainly not alone. Everyone has offered very good tips. I would recommend small steps. For me, it was preparing myself mentally that I was going to make a life change. Having a support group and keeping a journal helped get me started. It's important to remember your water intake and that you need to eat to lose weight. Good Luck and we'll be here for you when you need us.