Ok... This is the part where I usually quit :(

Options
Ok granted I have lost 25 lbs, but have recently put 5 back on. I have all the intentions of doing right each day but am so easy to get off track it seems. I need help keeping myself in the right direction and feel awful guilty when I know I screw up. Feel like I am stuck in quik sand!! Don't know what to do to get back on track but more importantly stay there..

Replies

• mommyoftwins05
    mommyoftwins05 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Just keep thinking about the weight you did lose..and how you'd feel if you undid all that.. I was the same as you in the past.. I'd lose a few lbs and then gain and give up.. this time I told myself to keep trying..it'll come eventually :)
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar boat. I've lost 25 pounds and am halfway to my goal. My body is going through its 9 pound plateau -- I lose 9 pounds, then gain / lose the same 1-2 pounds for a couple of weeks before it starts going down again.

I am losing motivation, too!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Pick a non-scale fitness goal. Like Couch to 5k, or 30 Day Shred, or making a point to run, walk, hike, or bike xx amount of miles each month or each week. Challenge yourself.... then forget about weight loss for a while. If you're eating well and getting exercise, you're on the right track, no matter what's going on with the scale.
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I like to promise myself things when I hit certain goals. Like at 5 pounds a new shirt, 10 pounds dress, 15 shoes, etc..Its a great motivater for me in past. I am looking forward to buying an expensive purse when I hit my goal weight...lol
  • jeninne
    jeninne Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Oh my- I know exactly how you feel. Right about this time in my weight loss I start playing mind games. I let life get in the way and then I gain a few then feel bad blah blah blah. BUT not this time. I won't let it get me. I have enough people on this site that will keep pushing me to not give up. Here's your butt kicking- keep working. The results matter- this is for life :)
  • wwhite94
    wwhite94 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    YOU can do it. Log in everyday put your food in your diary. Then spend some time and read the message boards and look at the weight some ppls have lost that should inspire you to keep coming back and staying on track. It helped me get started and there are times when i do all my logging on my iphone but i still get on the computer to check the message boards for encouragement and other peoples NSV's. I do this especially when im feeling down or upset because i feel im moving fast enough. Give it a try it may work for you too
  • P90XCertifiedCoach
    Options
    Start kicking some butt, get off your butt and work out, watch what you eat. You know how to do this, I have faith that you can do this. ?Your not allowed to quit. :mad: You gotta want it, feel free to add me If I can do this you can
  • icerose137
    icerose137 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I definitely agree with the suggest to pick a non-scale goal. Something to work toward that's more than just a number and will stick with you long after the weight is gone.
  • Fit_Rx
    Fit_Rx Posts: 16
    Options
    Well, first things first ... it is probably water weight - which means nothing ... You would have to eat 17,500 calories in excess of your resting metabolic rate to gain that much weight ... I doubt that is the case ...

We all battle this ... especially this weekend ... I put on about 5 lbs ... but I know it is just water weight from all of the beer and salty foods ...

Most important ... don't feel guilty ... you didn't screw up ... we likely all had fun this weekend ... and everyone deserves that much once in a while ... it's life ...

So ... get up, brush the dirt off your shoulders and kick some *kitten* ... and destroy that 5 lbs ...
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I have been there myself many many times.. in fact till recently.. but I actually had to sit and cry and look at myself fully in the mirror and remember why I am doing this.... I have had some things that to me made me go off tract...but I realize life is full of bumps and bruises but I only LIVE ONCE.. sooo I am full on my way... just remember why you are doing this... and its ok... you can and you will.. Trust in yourself.. and you will make the right choices.. friends here are amazing and inpire me daily! Best of luck to you.. hugss!
  • imgonnadoit123
    imgonnadoit123 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Pick a non-scale fitness goal. Like Couch to 5k, or 30 Day Shred, or making a point to run, walk, hike, or bike xx amount of miles each month or each week. Challenge yourself.... then forget about weight loss for a while. If you're eating well and getting exercise, you're on the right track, no matter what's going on with the scale.

Fantastic idea!!!
  • jeninne
    jeninne Posts: 412 Member
    Options

Fantastic idea!!!

We all seem to agree with this one!
  • trixie0476
    Options
    I find the most important thing for myself is to actually forgive myself when I mess up. This is not a diet, we are learning a new way to look at food and exercise. We will have set backs, and need to realize this. Tomorrow is another day and we need to make up our minds that we control what we eat. I try to decide what I am going to eat ahead of time if I can, and exercise off calories if I need to. Please don't give up. I have done that and it only makes it harder to get back on track later.
  • traceybarbour
    traceybarbour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    WOW! Thanks everyone for your quick response I really appreciate your support!
  • traceybarbour
    traceybarbour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I will try to put te scale away for a little while...Thanks
  • shoshi68
    shoshi68 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. You are stronger than this. You can do it. You didn't put on the weight quickly, and it will not come off quickly. Slow weight loss is more sustainable than quick weight loss. Hang in there.
  • bloodbank
    bloodbank Posts: 468 Member
    Options

:love:

This fire-jumpin' woman knows what she's talking about. AND she looks amazing while she JUMPS THROUGH FIRE. How can you not heed this advice?
  • BIG_Lew
    BIG_Lew Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Theres no such thing as quiting! Think of all u have done already and the regrets u will have if u fall off the wagon. Everything worth having is worth fighting for. Right?? Fight to meet ur goal! We're here for ur support, there's no looking back, finish wht u have started. U CAN DO IT!!!!! :-)
  • Schrodi
    Schrodi Posts: 12
    Options

I like this suggestion. A non-scale fitness goal is a great way to motivate yourself that you won't be likely to beat yourself up over if you don't achieve it. Even if it's something small, congratulate yourself when you succeed and keep trying!
    I've also been having a hard time, I'm sure we all go through this at some point or another but that's what we are here for.
    You can do it!
    We can do it!
  • diverchic73
    diverchic73 Posts: 314 Member
    Options

Fantastic idea!!!

We all seem to agree with this one!

I agree as well... also, don't be so hard on yourself! I found one of the hardest things since I started trying to lose weight is not beating myself up when the scale goes the wrong way... it's just a number. I'm still fitting into the smaller size clothes instead of having to wear my old ones so I know I'm still heading in the right direction. A friend of mine keeps repeating that old quote regarding battles and wars... I may lose the occasional battle... but I'm going to win the war and get down to my goal weight.

When you're feeling down, do what you have done... come on here and express it. We've all been there and are more than happy to offer ideas and support!

Keep going and keep smiling... you're on the right track!