• not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you want to do with it.
    What do you want to track?
  • singletrackmtbr
    singletrackmtbr Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    What do you plan to use it for? Steps, sleep, all day heart rate, exercise tracker, heart rate zones?
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Why not Garmin?
  • Eff76
    Eff76 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    What do you plan to use it for? Steps, sleep, all day heart rate, exercise tracker, heart rate zones?
    Mainly to track the calories burned and HRM
  • Eff76
    edited July 2016
    Options
    CincyNeid wrote: »
    Why not Garmin?

I dunno. Is that better than the other two? I'm about functionality at a decent price more than a name..
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I really like my Garmin Vivosmart because I wanted the chest strap aspect when I worked out. My boyfriend has a Fitbit Charge HR and is happy with. I had Polar products previous to my Garmin but when it came to an activity tracker I did go with the Polar Loop first but it was a huge disappointment. Hopefully, that product has improved. Prior to that I never had any issues with their traditional HRM. This is the site I used when I was making my decision. http://www.dcrainmaker.com/
  • Neofelis14
    Neofelis14 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Using a Garmin vivoactive HR and absolutely love it. Kind of on the pricey side at about $250. For about $100 less, you can get the Garmin vivosmart HR. I used that previously and was very happy with it. If you want a tracker with GPS, that would be the vivoactive.
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Eff76 wrote: »
    CincyNeid wrote: »
    Why not Garmin?

I dunno. Is that better than the other two? I'm about functionality at a decent price more than a name..

Garmin is good product. Year battery life on the VivóFit line. Water resistant to 50 meters. So you can shower and swim with it. And it can receive ANT+ HRM signals if you should chose to get a heart rate monitor. The Vivosmart HR, is water resistant to 50 meters, and has a full line of notifications, like a smart watch, plus all day heart rate monitor.

Just something to think about.
  • singletrackmtbr
    singletrackmtbr Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I second Garmin. It isn't as out of the box user friendly as a Fitbit but it's worth the learning curve. Pairing with a chest strap allows you to bypass issues facing all wrist based HRM. Waterproof, great battery life, and a decent app store compared to a nonexistent one for Fitbit. Built in GPS seals the deal. I say spend the extra $. You won't regret it.
  • Dali032484
    Dali032484 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar A300. It has a chest strap that's very confortable. It monitors my activity level and lets me know when it's time to move. I can see the calories I'm burning thrughout the day. Tracks my sleep. You can download tons of different settings and workouts. It's not heavy at all. I wear it all the time and everywhere. I really, really like it. Got it for like $100. There may be better ones out there but this one just does it for me :-)
  • Eff76
    Options
    Thanks everyone I appreciate the honest feedback.