good afternoon

Hi, I'm Angela! I am about 40 lbs overweight and have been struggling for years trying to eat right and exercise and lose weight. I usually do well for a couple weeks or even a month and lose 5-8 lbs and then back to my old habits again. I have issues with long term motivation, it just seems like eating healthy and a consistent exercise routing are so time consuming. But I am working on it.

I have a chronic shoulder, neck, chest issue, so I do (circuits) strength training for a 1/2 hourtwice a week, always with a trainer who is aware of my condition and eagle eyes my form. I also try to do yoga once or twice a week.

Tonight I am going totally outside my comfort zone and trying a kickboxing class (taught by my trainer). I am scared to death as I am very uncoordinated and typically high impact stuff leaves me out of breath super quick, but I know I can do what I am able and leave. My Wednesday night schedule is currently open, so if this goes well, I may make it a regular thing.

I look forward to visiting here for support on my weight loss journey.

Replies

• fitasamermaid
    fitasamermaid Posts: 22 Member
    Hey! Same here -back and forth losing/gaining weight. I love zumba and boot camps. Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • Trailtramper74
    Trailtramper74 Posts: 135 Member
    I have similar issues. It is worse the more I work and travel on planes. I am trying an adjustable desk too.