Help please

Options
Hey everyone so tomorrow I have a date (which i have not had a date in two and a half years)
He is taking me to a Tai restaurant. I don't wanna be one of those girls that orders a salad lol but do any of you know Tai food and what are the best options to get? Thank you so much mfp friends

Replies

• elmobabie84
    elmobabie84 Posts: 112
    Options
    i pulled this off of a google site for you.... hope this helps... these are supposed to be low calorie :smile: Try Tom-Yum Gai or Goong (Chicken or Shrimp Hot and Sour Soup Thai style). This has no oil or coconut milk, and it got lime juice which has lots of vit C. Also it got tons of spices to make it taste really good.

Also Larb Gai (minced chicken salad) is also not fattening since they boil the ground chicken, so no oil is added. Again they use lots of spices to make it very tasty.
  • DanielleLC
    Options
    Go the

chicken & vegetable stir fry with cashews. No rice on side. (it is filling enough, they usually serve good portions)
    or
    Thai Beef Salad which is yummo (it may sound like diet food but it a nice main meal)

not sure of exact calories of these but type them into foods you should find them because they are common.

Have fun!
  • wwhite94
    wwhite94 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I don't know tai food but see if the restaurant has a website that has the nutritional information and you can plan ahead by picking what you want to eat and calculating the calories into your diary then go exercise your butt off to have the extra calories available for the food you have decided to eat. Thats how i go out to eat at restaurants. This way your date doen't know you planned this and you can stare at the menu untill he is ready to order :)
  • CelebrateLife
    CelebrateLife Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    A great option is Chicken Lemongrass Soup I usually have Veggie Spring Rolls which is made of whole wheat.
  • mytime60
    mytime60 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    If you know the name of the restraunt, sometimes they have their nutrition information on line.
    If not check out this link:
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/304410-how-many-calories-are-in-thai-food/

I just happened to pick this one, but if you goole thai food calories; there are many choice to look at.

Have a great time!
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    A great option is Chicken Lemongrass Soup I usually have Veggie Spring Rolls which is made of whole wheat.
    It's been a while since I've eaten Thai food, but I'm pretty sure the spring roll wrappers are rice wontons. Still they are very light and healthy, caloric wise they shouldn't be a bad choice.
    Id do the veg spring rills as an appetizer and the Thai beef salad as a main/entree. No dessert unless they have something light like a shaved ice or sorbet.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Don't stress about food, just enjoy your date!
    You have to be able to enjoy the special occasions in life. Great idea to plan ahead and think about healthier options though, but don't worry too much. Pick something with lots of veggies, limit yourself to a smaller portion of rice, and accept that it will probably take you over your calories, but that doesn't matter for one day :smile: