Crunchless abs?

Options
I heard somewhere to strengthen your lower back, you need to strengthen your abs as well.

I guess the knock out combo of my rather large and round butt with how weak my lower back is doing correct abdominal crunch are near in possible. I do 5 and I'm dizzy, nausea, and on the verge of vomiting... I've started doing them on my bed and it works much better! No strain, no sick feeling, but I feel like I'm not getting the same results.

I was hopping that someone could help me out with some ab strengthening work outs that don't involve being on the ground. Or maybe I just need to woman up and knock 'em out.

Replies

• Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Do you have a stability ball? There are all kinds of exercises you can do to improve core strength. Pick one up. They're cheap.
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Lay on your bed with your head and torso on the bed and your legs hanging off. Lift your legs up to be parallel with your body, straight out, and hold as long as you can. As you get stronger you can do this as part of reps or you can begin lifting your legs higher and then lowering to parallel.
  • kimberlyAjohnson
    kimberlyAjohnson Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Do you have a stability ball? There are all kinds of exercises you can do to improve core strength. Pick one up. They're cheap.

Dittoing this. Crunches are kind of tough on a person's back anyway, especially if you're not used to them and have poor form.
  • BCKS
    BCKS Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Shaun T's "Hip Hop Abs" is a great workout, lots of fun and except for the last five mins. of most of the workouts, you do it all standing up. The last five minutes you are sitting up in the "C" position, so you never do sit-ups lying down. It works your entire core. Love it!
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    TurboJam. ALL the way! It's genious. There's a 30 minute ab workout, the first 15 minutes are STANDING... Yeah, you read that right. STANDING!!!! :bigsmile:
  • StaceyDono
    StaceyDono Posts: 21
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for all the suggestions guys. This will be great help.