So hungry

I just started diet and exercise Monday and directly after every meal and snack I am starving! Any ideas on how to curb the hunger. I am eating healthy I think but maybe not the right kind of foods to keep me fuller

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    What are your stats and goals, and how many calories are you eating?
  • jpundt101
    jpundt101 Posts: 5 Member
    My goal is 30lbs I am between 1200-1500 depending on the exercise I do
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    1200 is pretty low, are you set for 2 lbs per week? If it is, lower it to 1 lb per week, which is way more doable.

I found increasing the amount of protein I ate helped make me feel more full, but satiety can be different for everyone. Fiber can help too, especially bulking up on the veggies. A lot of women tend to eat low protein & low fat when they're trying to lose weight, but it's not necessary and can backfire.

If you want more specific info, you could open up your diary to get some suggestions.
  • abitofbliss
    abitofbliss Posts: 198 Member
    Depending on what your background of eating habits are, it may take some time for your appetite/mindset to adjust to your new diet. Drink lots of water of course, lemon may help too. For me, water doesn't curb my appetite but a lot of people says it helps :) If I'm hungry between snacks I drink green tea.

Personally, I eat a large breakfast after fasted cardio. I feel that it helps me the rest of the day to be satisfied with my snack and meal choices. I also shoot for high protein snacks.

If it's within your means, do some experimenting.. Switch up your snacks, find a groove that is both satisfying and nutritious.

Congrats on your decision!
  • katzenfluff
    katzenfluff Posts: 78 Member
    After 2 or 3 weeks you won't be so hungry. Make sure to eat enough protein and fat, not just fruits and vegetables.