Time to finish what I started!!

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Danielle. I used mfp in the past but never really stuck with it. Now I am really buckling down and I plan on using this every day to track foods and my work outs.

I started my weight journey January 29th 2010 when I made the bold choice of going for gastric bypass. I completed all my tests and bought everything I needed for my surgery and post opp. Four days before surgery I decided that I didn't want to do it. I was using mfp and counting calories and the weight was coming off. I was so happy about it and told myself that I do not need surgery! So I canceled my surgery and lost 40 pounds.

Since then I had a lot of life changing events happen to me and I gained 10 pounds and I can't seem finish what I started. I hurt my knee back in October and had two knee surgeries. I am not able to stand long or able to walk stairs very good. I have to say the stairs hurt the most.

I am really trying to watch what I eat, but it's hard. I want to work out but sometimes my knee hurts so bad. I get upset because I feel like I can't do anything but I know that if I don't get this weight off, it's going to make my knees worst.

I'm looking for some friends that will keep me accountable for. Someone to cheer me on as I will do the same for you.

Replies

• Trinahon03
    Trinahon03 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Have you talked to your doctor about what exercise you can do?

We all slip up, but don't give up when you do.
  • wwhite94
    wwhite94 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    YOU may add me. Try and do exercises using a chair to lean on if its only one knee that is killing you. if its both try and do weight lifting in a sturdy chair to help build muscle. If you have a pool or are a member of a gym use the pool its great for exercising your legs without putting lots of pressure on them. just by hanging on the side and doing leg lifts/kicks.
  • mamamia05
    mamamia05 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    today was my first day and I am also looking for some friends who together we can support each other and get to our goals. looking forward to hearing from you!
    jodi from nj
  • getyupcowgirl
    getyupcowgirl Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi, like you my knees hurt and I have to be very careful about working out. What I have noticed is that when I work out on the ellipitical, it doesn't hurt my knees at all. I also burn ALOT of calories. Give it a try
  • sarmancar
    sarmancar Posts: 13
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the difficulties you've encountered. I've also recently had surgery, and doctor's orders are that I cannot work out for 8-10 weeks. I'm just doing a lot of walking to try and burn calories. I've also done lots of calorie-counter programs in the past, but I am determined to make this work! Mind if I add you as a friend? I would like as many friends on here as I can get - the more motivation, the better, right? :-D
  • changedbutterfly
    Options
    Yes, I agree with the elliptical machine. All I have at my house is treadmill. I find it very boring.
  • changedbutterfly
    Options
    Take your doctors orders seriously. I didn't after my knee surgery and started to work out sooner then I should have and my knee hurt so bad for weeks and weeks! Be careful and take it slow.