Losing More Than 100lbs?

Options
I've always been average for my height (5'4 150lbs)
when I gave birth i was 210lbs and went from 210-140 in 6 months from obsessive exercise and under eating (later diagnosed with an ED) but i'm on the other side of the spectrum now and recovered/over recovered and become obese. I'm now 270 pounds on a 5'4 frame and am just looking for friends on here that are also looking to lose more than 100 lbs HEALTHILY :smile:
I do have a heart condition that was caused and worsened by my ED that prevents me from doing strenuous exercise but i am walking and using an exercise bike.
working out was never my problem its eating. i either over eat or under eat there is never an in between. just looking for someone who can motivate me and vice versa :smiley:

Replies

• abamariem
    abamariem Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Me too I have 100+ to lose
  • hazzaram
    hazzaram Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I've got 120 to lose. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    There is a great MFP group "100 pounds without surgery". Check it out!
    SW 301
    CW 157
    GW 150
    2 years+ 1 month
  • RobRicketts
    RobRicketts Posts: 7 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I started my journey in January, and am currently down about 90-93lbs. Exercise is a big part, but nutrition is key. Food is key to losing the weight naturally AND healthily.

Like you, my biggest problem was always food. I liked it. Lots of it. 300lbs of it, lots. But I found a way to eat twice as much as I used to, and still lose weight. It's never easy, and you have to want it, but add me; send a message and I can walk you through what I do. I meal prep once a week, it's cheap (your supermarket costs. I'm not trying to sell you anything. Yuck! Lol) and I can just give you pointers on what I do (keeping you away from any ED relapses is also key.)

Stick to your goals. You can do this.

• Chinatot054
    Chinatot054 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    RobRicketts, Hey, I too cannot do to much exercise because of heart problems. I would love for you to give me some pointers on how to eat twice as much to lose the weight. I have a Fitbit and walk as much as I can. Please add me. Thanks
  • Seaghdha
    Seaghdha Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Me and you are literally on the same boat. I lost so much weight due to an eating disorder, and now I gained it all back via binge-recovery. It's crazy. I'm now 5'11 and 270-280lbs, and I need to lose about 130-140 lbs just to be in the healthy range again. I'd love to be friends with you!
  • kendahlj
    kendahlj Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Seaghdha wrote: »
    Me and you are literally on the same boat. I lost so much weight due to an eating disorder, and now I gained it all back via binge-recovery. It's crazy. I'm now 5'11 and 270-280lbs, and I need to lose about 130-140 lbs just to be in the healthy range again. I'd love to be friends with you!

Hee hee

• mcart15
    mcart15 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Add me, as I am on the same boat.
  • tapwaters
    tapwaters Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Hi! I was there when I started. 5'3 at 250lbs. Currently 148 with twenty-five or so to go. :)
  • fitislandgirl
    fitislandgirl Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I too struggled with eating to the point I was 265.5lbs. I've lost and maintained my weight loss but it's a lifestyle change. I food prep, I log all my calories and I exercise with a passion for weight training. Have you read the book Brain Over Binge? I found it helpful! Feel free to add me as a friend too if you like. :)
  • ambrise
    ambrise Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I was around the same weight.... Lost 100 pounds and had a baby.... Gained some back during now trying to lose around 50lbs.
  • mammabear1193
    mammabear1193 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar situation and it's tough, I added you!
  • dawnkimber3
    dawnkimber3 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP for awhile but I can't seem to get started. I need all the motivation and support that I can get. I really want to succeed!
  • cerinany
    cerinany Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Is this group still active or has everyone reached goal?